More jobs logic stupidness... Topic

Can someone explain to me why I shouldn't be eligible for Clemson in Crum?  FYI, the job was a "keep looking", which I translate to mean it is viewed as both a "step backwards" with a corresponding loyalty hit if I get it, but at the same time it is a longshot job to land.  I don't really understand how both of those conditions can coexist, but in HD apparently they do.

http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/History.aspx?tid=8829

I get that the SEC has been a weak conference (which is a lot of why I applied to Clemson...the SEC postseason recruiting money sucks and I can't compete for top players there), but come on!  I finished the last 5 seasons ranked.  This most recent season I was 30-1 (against an admittedly weaker than expected schedule) and ranked #10.  I've gotten to the 2nd round of 5 straight NTs.  If you can't qualify for a job like Clemson (which is A prestige right now, not A+) with a resume like that the jobs logic is insanely broken.  What am I missing?
4/14/2013 8:32 AM
i maintain that the job process will be stupid until the worlds are more full. if it were much easier to move up, the big 6 conferences would be very tough to crack (more competitors), so you'd have to increase the firings, so you'd discourage a bunch of coaches cuz firing isn't fun, so you'd have to incentivize sticking around with the possibility of re-cracking the big 6, so it becomes easier to jump in again, ETC ETC.
4/15/2013 2:40 PM
Well you should get the job, but to be fair, Clemson's prestige is higher than yours (that's why you're a longshot). Plus, the candidate they took had a much better resume than you.
4/15/2013 6:27 PM (edited)
Posted by m4284850 on 4/15/2013 6:27:00 PM (view original):
Well you should get the job, but to be fair, Clemson's prestige is higher than yours (that's why you're a longshot). Plus, the candidate they took had a much better resume than you.
A prestige vs. A- prestige.  Not much of a difference.  And I don't mean to take anything away from the cadidate who got the job.  He hadn't even applied when I was rejected.
4/15/2013 6:35 PM
good thing he didnt say clemsons prestige was "far higher" than yours.
4/15/2013 6:36 PM
More jobs logic stupidness... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.