We need one owner for our 1978 single season progressive league.  We are entering our 10th season.

16 team league
No DH or AAA (supplied for trades only)
League Format:  Alt WIS Format B (4/4/4/4--4 total playoff teams:  Balanced schedule and No Interleague Play)
No I/R restrictions
Stadium must be the current stadium of one of the original 16 baseball franchises.

Win Floor Rule 
Win Floor will be set at 35 at the 120 gm mark. If you win 33-34 games, you lose 2 spots in round 1, If you win 30-32 games, you lose 4 spots in round 1, if you win 28-29 games, you lose 6 spots in round 1, if you win 25-27 games, you lose 8 spots in round 1, and if you fail to win at least 25, you bump to the end of round 1.

Example:  Team A wins 32 games and Team B wins 34.  All other teams win at least 35 games.  Team A loses 4 spots and will therefore pick 5th overall (1st >> 5th).  Team B loses 2 spots and will therefore pick 4th (2nd >>4th).  The rest of the draft order is determined by wins at the 120 game mark.  In this example, the first overall pick would go to the team with the worst record who had at least 35 wins.  Team B has 2nd pick, then 2 more picks, then team A with 5th overall pick.  Win floor is not in effect for all other rounds.

4/16/2013 10:26 AM (edited)

Boston Red Sox - Fenway Park
Cuts still need to be made - We will be drafting 1978 soon.  We have about 20 games left in the regular season.  No trades or I/R players.

Drafting 4th overall!

Pitchers
Floyd Bannister
Bert Blyleven
Ken Brett
John Denny
Vern Ruhle
Willie Hernandez
Charlie Hough
Al Hrabosky
Jim Kern
Tippy Martinez
Bruce Sutter

Hitters
Jerry Grote
Charlie Moore
John Mayberry
Tom Paciorek
George Scott
Rennie Stennett
Rob Wilfong
Larry Parrish
Freddie Patek
Barry Bonnell
Jeff Burroughs
Greg Gross
Tom Poquette
Mike Vail

4/14/2013 12:12 PM
This league plays pretty accurately.  Both of these teams have some real talent for both the long term and short term.  They both also have top 5 draft picks.  These 2 teams can easily be made into contenders.  First come first serve.  Claim your team by posting in this thread.  Sitemail me with any questions and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  Thanks for considering joining our league!

Derek
4/14/2013 12:13 PM
I'll take the Twins please.
4/16/2013 9:47 AM
Twins are yours!
4/16/2013 10:21 AM
Still looking for an owner for Boston.
4/20/2013 6:49 PM
If its still available and if the draft has not begun yet, I will take Boston.
4/25/2013 7:36 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.