Hoops Dynasty idea (probably wont happen though) Topic

Sounds like a fun idea.  It'd probably get old quickly, though.  I mean, does anyone read the 'News' reports here?
4/15/2013 8:02 AM
I think it is a real solid idea.   I don't know about daily reports but a "what happened this week" would be cool.

I would love to see things like who moved up in the project report over a span of 7 games of something like that. 

Don't listen to the forum bullies phillyboy.
4/15/2013 8:41 AM
Sounds like a fun idea.  It'd probably get old quickly, though.  I mean, does anyone read the 'News' reports here?

No, because they are so lame.  But something that would be cool, and fairly easily implemented would be to have a simple page that showed the top daily performances, like the top 10 scorers for the day, etc.  Upset of the day.  Just some easy things to gloss over in a minute or two.
4/15/2013 11:22 AM
heck, even just links to the PBP or box score of the games they do choose to highlight. Or the "highly recruited" player's profile link once he signs with Oldresorter...

4/15/2013 11:44 AM
The things that are the most fun to talk about for RL college basketball (top players & prospects, clash-of-titan games, big upsets, tournament selection drama, etc.) are very noticeably absent from HD. It's way too difficult and requires too much effort to keep up with that stuff in the HD world.

An automated news report that touches on these things would make the game a lot more fun from the "clicking around the world" perspective (along with keeping track of season-by-season stats for graduated players, etc.) I find myself completely checking out of teams between when I play my last game and when I get FSS $ most of the time. The world-specific forums are mostly dead, too.

Big games would be a bigger deal, coaches would have more of a reason to continue as a spectator through the tournament, etc. Heck, maybe even a comment section for each news report would liven up the world with topical conversation.
4/15/2013 2:07 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/15/2013 8:41:00 AM (view original):
I think it is a real solid idea.   I don't know about daily reports but a "what happened this week" would be cool.

I would love to see things like who moved up in the project report over a span of 7 games of something like that. 

"Forum bullies"?  Just because someone didn't like his idea?  Somehow not agreeing now makes you a "bully"?  Really?
4/15/2013 2:13 PM
Posted by angmar on 4/15/2013 2:13:00 PM (view original):

"Forum bullies"?  Just because someone didn't like his idea?  Somehow not agreeing now makes you a "bully"?  Really?
the witch-king of angmar is always a bully by default
4/15/2013 2:17 PM
Posted by backboy13 on 4/14/2013 11:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phillyboy107 on 4/14/2013 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 4/14/2013 11:32:00 PM (view original):
So it's all about the attention?
Not really just bored because the fourns have been dead IMO. Why u getting mad this was just some corky idea....like u haven't had ideas for wis.
I don't want to speak on the behalf of everyone, or even most people, but to the veterans, ideas like this are beyond silly. They're not what the game is about. And some guys get frustrated constantly seeing ideas like this (which isn't a bad idea on its own, it's just not meant for this game).

While most choose to just ignore it and not respond, others will exercise their right to respond and let you know how they feel.
um, what is the game about?  
4/15/2013 2:36 PM

I have no issue with not liking the idea, I have an issue with those who think they can insult the poster because they don't like the idea.    
4/15/2013 2:38 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/15/2013 2:38:00 PM (view original):

I have no issue with not liking the idea, I have an issue with those who think they can insult the poster because they don't like the idea.    
+1
4/15/2013 2:41 PM
I guess it wouldn't be hard to have the top 5 scorers, rebounders, etc..of each round.  How about a bottom 10 ranking? Or better yet, the 10 worst human coaches poll!  Now that would be fun to see.
4/15/2013 2:54 PM
a simple no I dont like the idea would be fine. Not some long way of saying it sucks.
4/15/2013 3:08 PM
Posted by jetwildcat on 4/15/2013 2:17:00 PM (view original):

the witch-king of angmar is always a bully by default
Touche. 
4/15/2013 3:47 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/15/2013 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by backboy13 on 4/14/2013 11:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by phillyboy107 on 4/14/2013 11:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 4/14/2013 11:32:00 PM (view original):
So it's all about the attention?
Not really just bored because the fourns have been dead IMO. Why u getting mad this was just some corky idea....like u haven't had ideas for wis.
I don't want to speak on the behalf of everyone, or even most people, but to the veterans, ideas like this are beyond silly. They're not what the game is about. And some guys get frustrated constantly seeing ideas like this (which isn't a bad idea on its own, it's just not meant for this game).

While most choose to just ignore it and not respond, others will exercise their right to respond and let you know how they feel.
um, what is the game about?  
What I mean by this is that the idea is more suited for a college basketball video game (if they still made those, that's another issue). I think it's cool, but it just doesn't have a place in HD right now, given the other concerns/improvements that people would like to see first that have less to do with the aesthetics.
4/15/2013 6:27 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 4/14/2013 11:24:00 PM (view original):
I figured it would be another lame chat room idea, but somehow you managed to come up with something even worse than that.  Kudos, didn't think you had it in you.
Are u serious this would be a sick idea and the chat thing is pretty cool
4/15/2013 10:37 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Hoops Dynasty idea (probably wont happen though) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.