This might be an interesting player to watch with regards to fatigue.

He was promoted with about 66% and is hovering around there still. He's playing miserably and for AA he has enough stats to crush some of these pitchers. If anyon cares to follow him the link is below.

http://www.whatifsports.com/HBD/Pages/Popups/PlayerProfile.aspx?pid=5418400

I'm mainly curious because if fatigue affects performance I would rather use starting pitchers as relief and set their maximum pitch counts for like 30-40 pitches. This would let them always be pitching above red, and I would still get a ton of innings each season. I'm really curious to find out about fatigue's affects, if any, on production.

4/15/2013 4:18 AM
Just be careful with injuries. Playing fatigued players increases their likelihood that they'll get injured.
4/15/2013 7:11 AM
Ya, this guy was a 3rd round DH, he may be useful but odds are against him. Apparently posting in this forum makes batters hit well, because he's turned it back up. Fatigue may not have a big of an impact on performance as I once theorized. It would be nice to know for sure. I guess it's just one of those things. With regards to pitching, it would be very useful to know the truth.
4/16/2013 10:06 PM
I've seen pitchers pitch well at 80ish. Can't recall seeing any pitch less than that.

As far as position players go. I am fairly certain that fatigue will affect defense much more quickly than hitting.
4/17/2013 12:23 AM
Personally, I wouldn't mess around with this guy and risk the injury. I see a player who is already a borderline ML prospect. That alone is no big deal. But he is also a catcher/DH with a low overall rating, a perfect candidate for a ditr bump. If I've got him on my team, I'm treating him like a legit prospect, keeping him on the active roster, crossing my fingers and hoping like hell he gets a ditr bump. If he gains an extra 10 in each category, all of a sudden he's a starter and middle of the order bat vs. righties who can still hold his own a little when a lhp enters the game. His def. ratings would also get bumped up enough where he could be an emergency back up to your starting catcher who is an absolute beast and most likely can play every game. That would open another spot on your 25 man roster. So maybe there is only a 5 percent chance he gets the bump or whatever it is but in my mind, that is more valuable than testing a theory which can be tested on someone else. Just my thoughts, and maybe I'm overestimating his value even if he gets a bump. What say ye, HBD community?
4/17/2013 12:00 PM
Posted by foulballz on 4/17/2013 12:00:00 PM (view original):
Personally, I wouldn't mess around with this guy and risk the injury. I see a player who is already a borderline ML prospect. That alone is no big deal. But he is also a catcher/DH with a low overall rating, a perfect candidate for a ditr bump. If I've got him on my team, I'm treating him like a legit prospect, keeping him on the active roster, crossing my fingers and hoping like hell he gets a ditr bump. If he gains an extra 10 in each category, all of a sudden he's a starter and middle of the order bat vs. righties who can still hold his own a little when a lhp enters the game. His def. ratings would also get bumped up enough where he could be an emergency back up to your starting catcher who is an absolute beast and most likely can play every game. That would open another spot on your 25 man roster. So maybe there is only a 5 percent chance he gets the bump or whatever it is but in my mind, that is more valuable than testing a theory which can be tested on someone else. Just my thoughts, and maybe I'm overestimating his value even if he gets a bump. What say ye, HBD community?
I agree with this.  In about 3 seasons, when he's more or less finished developing, you can screw around with his fatigue on the grounds that the injury bug can only help you (if you run high enough medical).  But first I'd play for the 5% or so chance that he'll get a DitR.
4/18/2013 7:15 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.