why so many fouls? Topic

http://whatifsports.com/hd/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=9354925

did I really get 37 fouls due to IQ?? I ran a slowdown tempo, and my guys were exhausted most of the game due to no subs because everybody fouled out... please somebody explain this to me a little better
4/15/2013 2:09 PM
oh and 25 turnovers... thats just crazy to me
4/15/2013 2:21 PM
IQ, lack of speed, terrible ballhandling, below average defense for a man-to-man team. 

The other team is faster, has better stamina, is significantly better defensively, runs the press (and went uptempo), has a ballhandling average that is more than double yours, as well as a significant passing and perimeter advantage.  Their team scored on your weak, young defense with ease and forced your poor ballhandlers with low offensive IQ's into making a lot of mistakes, therefore turning the ball over 20+ times. 
4/15/2013 2:30 PM
IQ is part of it, but it is also due partly to the fact you have some very poor baskteball players there. 

It may be possible to get away with low ATH at D3.

It may be possible to get away with low SPD at D3.

It is *really* tough to get away with low of both, particularly when the Def isn't stellar.
4/15/2013 2:31 PM
Well I want to utilize all my bench players, so I ran fairly fresh on every person.. but I don't want a situation like this exh. game where my bench players are playing more than my starters... does my best ball handler need to be playing point? regardless of everything else?
4/15/2013 2:34 PM
Posted by zbolton1 on 4/15/2013 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Well I want to utilize all my bench players, so I ran fairly fresh on every person.. but I don't want a situation like this exh. game where my bench players are playing more than my starters... does my best ball handler need to be playing point? regardless of everything else?
it's still a combination of SPD/DEF/BH/P otherwise you'll suffer elsewhere.
4/15/2013 2:42 PM
well based on my 2 practice games... this may be a very rough season, and running slowdown isn't looking like it is going to help it...
4/15/2013 2:48 PM
Posted by zbolton1 on 4/15/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
well based on my 2 practice games... this may be a very rough season, and running slowdown isn't looking like it is going to help it...
I think it's a lost season. Make the most of it - 

Is the O/D you are currently running the one you want long-term? If not, it's a perfect time to switch.

Do you have a question about how the +/-, tempos, or double-teams work? If so, experiment with the options (but don't jump to conclusions based on 2-3 games).

Do you have any freshman who you think may develop into legitimately helpful players? Look at potential to determine that. If you have some, make sure they get starts and lots of PT in the games where you are clearly outmatched.

In the (few) games you play against equally poor teams, play the best right-now lineup and try not to go win-less. In the rest of the games, the goal is to do whatever you can to make the rebuilding period end as soon as possible.
4/15/2013 3:30 PM
i wish i knew more about the offense to have a preference... I don't really know which one is better... anybody have input on which they prefer?
4/15/2013 4:06 PM
why so many fouls? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.