Thome world is entering the World Series of Season 5 and now recruiting to fill the Season 6 roster. Now is the time to get in on this young, highly competitive, balanced world!
Here are the league rules:
1) Owners must win a minimum of 55 games in a season, and 125 games over two consecutive seasons, to remain in the league. (If an owner fails to meet win requirements, they must sit out at least one season before applying for readmission and cannot have their previous team.)
2) Player payroll will be capped at 110 million.
3) Prospect payroll will be capped at 25 million.
4) Cash in trades must not exceed contract value.
5) Cities are permanent for the life of the league, but new owners can change the team name.
6) Team names must be "realistic" but not "real". This means that team names such as “Toledo Fart Knockers” or “Memphis Where My Pitches At?” will not be accepted, nor will existing team names such as “New York Yankees” or “Florida Gators”. I will not be too strict on judging names; as long as the name isn't egregiously unprofessional, I will allow it.
If you're interested, the following teams are available. These are NOT first-come first-serve openings. I will evaluate all interested owners and select the best candidates. Reply here or send me a Sitemail if you'd like one of these teams. If you're interested in multiple teams, specify which team you'd prefer to have!
St. Louis (AL North)
5/17/2013 4:54 PM (edited)