Thome Season 6: One Teams Open Topic

Thome world is entering the World Series of Season 5 and now recruiting to fill the Season 6 roster. Now is the time to get in on this young, highly competitive, balanced world!

---

Here are the league rules:

1) Owners must win a minimum of 55 games in a season, and 125 games over two consecutive seasons, to remain in the league. (If an owner fails to meet win requirements, they must sit out at least one season before applying for readmission and cannot have their previous team.) 

2) Player payroll will be capped at 110 million. 

3) Prospect payroll will be capped at 25 million. 

4) Cash in trades must not exceed contract value.

5) Cities are permanent for the life of the league, but new owners can change the team name.

6) Team names must be "realistic" but not "real". This means that team names such as “Toledo Fart Knockers” or “Memphis Where My Pitches At?” will not be accepted, nor will existing team names such as “New York Yankees” or “Florida Gators”. I will not be too strict on judging names; as long as the name isn't egregiously unprofessional, I will allow it.

---

If you're interested, the following teams are available. These are NOT first-come first-serve openings. I will evaluate all interested owners and select the best candidates. Reply here or send me a Sitemail if you'd like one of these teams. If you're interested in multiple teams, specify which team you'd prefer to have!

St. Louis (AL North)

5/17/2013 4:54 PM (edited)
This young league has developed into a good, fun league with no drama.  Good, smart owners who have fun, but keep everything on the fun side.
4/23/2013 1:19 PM
Come join us.  This is a very balanced and competitive league.  We aren't going to have any teams win 100 games this season and only one or possibly two will lose 100.
4/24/2013 11:08 AM
I'd be interested in Boston..
4/25/2013 5:11 PM (edited)
I will take Cincinatti
5/1/2013 7:39 AM
Nice pick.. 
5/1/2013 1:34 PM
Looking forward to joining a  great young world.
5/2/2013 9:19 PM
bump
5/7/2013 8:23 AM
Is Pitt stiil up for grabs?
5/7/2013 2:49 PM (edited)
Yes. Any teams listed in the opening post are available. Do you want it?
5/7/2013 7:51 PM (edited)
Ill take it..thanks
5/7/2013 8:07 PM
Shocked that nobody has jumped on San Fran!

Team is built to win with these guys Brett Gonzales,  Brook Fasano, Amp Stewart, Marvin Rain

5/10/2013 2:25 PM
Sent a sitemail to swirl, hopefully I pass.........
5/10/2013 4:21 PM
So did I but I guess i didn't pass.
5/10/2013 6:35 PM
I'm considering everyone who has messaged me for the Oakland opening for the San Francisco opening (since the SF opening unexpectedly opened recently) and will make a decision soon.
5/11/2013 12:44 AM
12 Next ▸
Thome Season 6: One Teams Open Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.