Trying to squeak by with one QB Topic

I just picked up a D1aa team that had one QB returning (a redshirt JR).  My plan was to recruit two, but only was able to land one that I liked.  I always like to RS my QBs, so I redshirted him, hoping that my JR QB would stay health.

So for 3 games, all was well, then in week 4 my QB gets banged up for a series and my punter comes in and promptly throws a pick 6.  I was well ahead, so this didn't affect the outcome.

Is there any setting that I'm unaware of that can help me here?  Like maybe run the ball only if the QB gets hurt?  :)

Or is it just burn the freshman QBs redshirt or take my chances?

Oh, the JR QB has a stamina of 54 and durability of 45.

One last thought that hit me while I was typing this.   I could "make" a QB by converting a WR or someone that I'm going to cut anyways (there are a few SIM recruited guys that I planned on rescinding their schollie next year)

EDIT - just checked how a WRs ratings drop when you try to make a QB out of him.  GI dropped to 4.  Bad idea..

No good answers to this question, I know :)

4/16/2013 7:34 PM (edited)
Funny you bring this up...awhile back someone converted one of their running backs or wrs to qb with 90+speed and elu and his GI Tech sucked. He averaged over 300 yards a game and people were freaking out someone submitted a ticket and whatifsports said" Due to his great speed and elusiveness he's able to avoid tacklers and throw the ball out of the pocket." It's worth a try lol...
4/16/2013 5:57 PM
Dang. That's worth a shot. I'm gonna cut the guy anyways. Just need some insurance.
4/16/2013 7:01 PM
Ok, turned a crappy DB into an even more crappy QB.  But, it's better than having a punter heaving it around.  Will update this thread if anything crazy happens.
4/16/2013 7:29 PM
I typically only carry 1 QB. About 10 seasons or so ago my only QB was injured for 4 games. My punter came on to throw for an average of over 300 yds a game, like 4 - 1 TD to INt and we won all 4 games. Don't disrespect those punters - I tell ya.
4/16/2013 10:20 PM
Hey, if you can KICK a ball with a spiral, it should be MUCH EASIER to THROW a ball with a spiral.....geez...you guys make this sound like rocket science.  LOL
4/17/2013 8:02 AM
LOL
4/17/2013 2:44 PM
Trying to squeak by with one QB Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.