Pitch Count and Stamina Topic

Hey Fellow GMs/Managers,
  Any suggestions/advice on setting up Pitch Count?  How do you use the Stamina rating for pitch count or
do you go by some other rating/guide?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.

4/17/2013 7:54 AM
Stam x 1.3 = PC
4/17/2013 8:55 AM
I'd agree with booger, unless the durability is low.  If you have a pitcher with 20 DUR and an 80 STM, I might have your pitch count at 95-100.
4/17/2013 9:03 AM
If you want to maximize the number of innings you get, do stam x 1.3. If you're not worried about that and just want an easier to manage staff, you can do what burnsy said, sacrificing a few innings so you don't have to move guys around in the rotation all the time.
4/17/2013 11:52 AM
Thanks for all the feedback gentlemen...I appreciate
4/17/2013 2:25 PM
Do you multiply stamina by 1.3 to get Target pitch counts or Max pitch counts? ANd what do you multiply stamina by to get the other one? 
3/13/2014 10:24 PM
Set your 5 man rotation, then click on Manager's Office -> Player Settings -> Edit Player Settings.

Set level and Pitcher. Click on Save Recs.

That's your starting point.  Seems to factors in both DUR & STM.

For most SP, even ones with low DUR, you get a number of pitches that has them back at 100 the day before they are scheduled to throw again (without any off days).  If you don't believe pitchers become less effective or are more likely to get injured as they tire during the game, you can probably bump the pitch count a bit.

I never go higher than the recs.  If I have strong bullpen I might cut it back for my weaker SPs.
3/14/2014 4:04 AM
Posted by boogerlips on 4/17/2013 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Stam x 1.3 = PC
ONLY factoring stamina into pitch count is a big mistake.  Let's say your pitcher has a 75 stam.  75 x 1.3 = 97.5.  If your pitcher's DUR is only 17-20, then 95-100 pitches is way too many, and the pitcher might not be back at 100 for the next start, whereas if your guy has 30-33 DUR then 95-100 is nowhere near enough to get to a full workload if you have a 5-man rotation. The more you study the game engine the better idea you will get of how STAM and DUR interact together to find the optimal pitch count combinations that will allow a guy to get back to 100 energy on time every time
3/15/2014 3:35 AM
You are not regarding "in-game fatigue" at all then.

In the case of your 30-33 DUR, if you set his PC high enough to get "a full workload in a 5-man rotation", you still will have "in game fatigue" which will diminish performance.

The 100 PC is fine. You just have to move him up in the rotation sometimes, whereas you may need to move the 17-20 DUR guy down.

To paraphrase booger's 2nd post: There's the easy way, which allows you to "set it and forget it" or the other way, which maximizes the effective innings but requires juggling the staff much more often.
3/15/2014 5:32 AM
I use tufft's method. Start with simmy's recs and move the pitch counts up or down from there, based on how things go.
3/15/2014 8:35 AM
Pitch Count and Stamina Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.