Does Work Ethic Have Any Effect On Player Skill? Topic

I was wondering if work ethic has an effect on a players skill level during a game at all, sort of like a hustle stat.  

I've always thought it was only relevant towards how quick a player would gain points in stats from practice, but I was curious about this.

Thanks.

4/17/2013 5:51 PM
It is indeed only relevant towards how quickly a player's ratings grow. No in-game effect.
4/17/2013 6:36 PM
I thought it had a small on the court difference. Things like loose balls and offensive rebounding...?
4/17/2013 11:48 PM
Posted by thinair on 4/17/2013 11:48:00 PM (view original):
I thought it had a small on the court difference. Things like loose balls and offensive rebounding...?
Nope. No on-court impact whatsoever.
4/18/2013 12:32 AM
I asked WIS about this in a user chat years ago when HD was new, and they told me work ethic DOES have an on-court effect on things such as offensive rebounding, and it seems to me that has been the case in some of my players.

For example, I had two guys on the same team. One was 69 REB and 34 WE while the other was 40 REB and 92 WE.

The guy with the higher REB did better at overall rebounding, but the guy with the higher WE got more rebounds than I expected him to get. That wasn't the big "shocker", though - no, that was when I realized the guy with the higher WE got significantly more offensive rebounds than the guy with the higher REB rating.

4/18/2013 10:37 AM
That's funny because in a developer chat recently they said REBOUNDING was determined by ATH, REB and IQ only.
4/18/2013 10:55 AM
Posted by bistiza on 4/18/2013 10:37:00 AM (view original):
I asked WIS about this in a user chat years ago when HD was new, and they told me work ethic DOES have an on-court effect on things such as offensive rebounding, and it seems to me that has been the case in some of my players.

For example, I had two guys on the same team. One was 69 REB and 34 WE while the other was 40 REB and 92 WE.

The guy with the higher REB did better at overall rebounding, but the guy with the higher WE got more rebounds than I expected him to get. That wasn't the big "shocker", though - no, that was when I realized the guy with the higher WE got significantly more offensive rebounds than the guy with the higher REB rating.

Yeah i have definitely read this somewhere, I remember because I was quite shocked to read it. 
4/18/2013 11:09 AM
From the 6/21/12 Developer Chat:

Other than REB, ATH and IQ, what goes into the equation of who gets a REBOUND? (Trentonjoe - Hall of Famer - 3:01 PM)
That's essentially it, other than things like fatigue and health.

4/18/2013 11:17 AM
Take that "essentially" for what it's worth......
4/18/2013 11:17 AM
I just found something that says WE helps with rebounding (especially offensive) and defense, but it's from 2005.....this is most likely what I had seen earlier. Thanks Trent. Now I can stop recruiting all of those ****** recruits that had 99 we..... kidding. 
4/18/2013 11:26 AM
Does Work Ethic Have Any Effect On Player Skill? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.