"85% of the poll wants to see a change from the way things are now"

I can understand that this game can be frustrating for someone with limited arithmetic ability, limited reading ability and limited experience at playing the game.  There are programs that can help one catch up on the arithmetic and reading skills.  They really can help a lot. 
4/19/2013 8:12 PM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/19/2013 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pepwaves on 4/18/2013 9:22:00 PM (view original):

So, you have three different aliases right now. How many full seasons have you played craig?

And if you don't mind sharing (not sure why you wouldn't, unless you have something to hide)...what are your other aliases?

I think I've been pretty clear in every post I've posted.... Coaching two teams in one world is ridiculous and should stop. That's been my point. I haven't once argued that multiple aliases needs to stop. Others have on these posts. I have not.

I have a team in Knight and a team in Allen under craigaltonw. I have a team in Smith under craigcoug. And I will start play in a couple weeks in Wooden (I think it's Wooden, at least) under byucraig. I don't plan on keeping that team for more than a season which will take me back down to the two usernames. Not sure why any of this information is at all important but there you have it.
Just curious why you would need three different ID's to play HD?  Why not just play all your teams under one ID since no two are in the same world?  I could draw my own conclusions as to why someone would do something like that, but I prefer to give a person the benefit of the doubt instead.
4/19/2013 10:43 PM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/19/2013 1:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pepwaves on 4/19/2013 1:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by craigcoug on 4/19/2013 12:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by pepwaves on 4/18/2013 9:22:00 PM (view original):

So, you have three different aliases right now. How many full seasons have you played craig?

And if you don't mind sharing (not sure why you wouldn't, unless you have something to hide)...what are your other aliases?

I think I've been pretty clear in every post I've posted.... Coaching two teams in one world is ridiculous and should stop. That's been my point. I haven't once argued that multiple aliases needs to stop. Others have on these posts. I have not.

I have a team in Knight and a team in Allen under craigaltonw. I have a team in Smith under craigcoug. And I will start play in a couple weeks in Wooden (I think it's Wooden, at least) under byucraig. I don't plan on keeping that team for more than a season which will take me back down to the two usernames. Not sure why any of this information is at all important but there you have it.
That info isn't important. Just curious.

Look...as a new user here, you have demonstrated a lot of eagerness to learn the game and have asked a ton of great questions (under your craigaltonw alias). Just some advice. Take that same inquisitive/learning stance in this multiple aliases/world issue. You've rubbed some people wrong (myself included) by acting like you know the ins and the outs of this game, while also questioning the integrity of well respected people in this community.

You certainly have the right to express yourself. But I just encourage you to take a step back and focus on learning this game rather than hurling accusations and trying to get people to sign a petition to strike down the "super elite." 

Hope you stick around and keep asking those questions. 

Without a better customer support I probably won't be sticking around long. You can all breathe a sigh of relief.

And a word to the "super elite".  BillyG's words rubbed me the wrong way. He seemed to be clearly stating that he and other elites were above the law, in fact, that they make the law. "How can WIS afford to lose our teams?" And that attitude sucks. I don't care how good a coach you are.

I have sent him an apology for misunderstanding his post. It can be difficult to sifter through the arrogant tone to just about everything he posts but I do admit that I misunderstood his statement and I apologize for that.

I have been accused of not knowing how incredible he is, not doing my homework or reading any of his advice. I have read all of aejones. I've read all of billyG. Their advice has helped me just like it's helped the rest of you. The issue I have is not with them but with customer support. And the feeling I have is that customer support bends over backwards to do whatever the super-elites want them to do. Yes, I'm new. But all of the evidence points to that.
craig - i appreciate the sitemail you sent me. i want to make it clear, how good of a coach i may be really has *nothing* to do with anything here, in my opinion. listing some of the other most successful coaches of all time probably didnt help make that clear, but i listed those coaches because they are "household" names, well respected guys, not because they are some of the best coaches ever. the best coach in the game deserves the same vote as the worst coach. of course, on some issues, experience and being an expert on the subject makes your opinion more relevant, but thats really not what i was getting at, either. i think many coaches think multiple users names is a rare issue, and that removing those coaches wouldnt make any noticeable impact, other than possibly curbing cheating - my goal was to make it clear that its a common thing, and further, that coaches you know and respect would be affected.

i apologize for generally coming off as arrogant in my posts. its not my intention, im a computer guy and struggle mightily with things like, setting the proper tone in text based messages. my wife and i used to have huge fights over the text messages we sent each other, so i no longer will send her anything even slightly negative via text, because i too often come off the wrong way and/or am taken the wrong way. its a common ailment of text-based communication, and writing/english/careful communcation are all weaknesses of mine, so its something that particularly affects me. unfortunately, i am quite confident on a number of issues, and i think consequently, i often come off as arrogant. i honestly think i used to be substantially worse, and make an effort to try not to be very arrogant - and i do admit relatively often that i am wrong, or am not sure about something, i think. but i know i am VERY FAR from perfect, so sorry for that. the intention of the vast majority of my posts is to be helpful and informative. a lot of coaches have told me my posts have been very helpful and informative to them, but a decent amount have told me i come off as an arrogant *****, too - so im glad ive managed to be successful on one front, but disappointed i come off that way in the process.
4/19/2013 10:52 PM (edited)
"i am quite confident on a number of issues, and i think consequently, i often come off as arrogant."

BillyG, this is pretty funny. I mean, I've read a lot of what you've written in the forums and your WIS interview and I wouldn't think you'd be the type of guy to apologize for coming across arrogant. It seemed like you'd be the type of guy who would be damn proud of being arrogant! Haha. And I feel your pain on the issues with texting your wife. Hmmm, maybe arrogance is the reason why I don't have a wife.

I appreciate your site mail to me, too. I don't expect that I'll ever amount to coming close to achieving your success on this site. Andi with everyone else who has improved their coaching from reading your advice, sincerely thank you.

I do dumb things a lot and can usually admit when I do. I did read too much into your post on Nacho's thread and that was dumb of me. I STILL don't think coaching multiple teams in one world should be permitted... but I apparently am in the minority. I can live with that. Good luck to you, again, BillyG. Oh, and any time you want to look at my recruiting and game planning to point out all the bad mistakes I'm making, feel free. I could use all the help I can get.

4/20/2013 12:47 AM
craig... i dont think you are in the minority. i rigorously defend the issue primarily because it affects me so deeply, but i think most coaches would prefer multiple accounts aren't allowed. i hate to say it, because people twist my words so much, but in my ideal from-scratch sim engine design, i only allow coaches to play under ONE id, and, they cannot have 2 teams in the same division (but they can have multiple teams in the same world, in different divisions).

there are a number of differences in HD and the basketball simulation game i envision, that make that restriction make much more sense. i dont want to get into the details, so just take my word for it, there are substantial differences such that it makes comparing my opinion there to my opinion in HD meaningless. but i will acknowledge that if i ran HD, id minimally not let users pick up a 2nd team in the same division (making someone drop a team definitely makes the game less fun, and its a game, the point is to have fun, and to have fun alone - so i think its not unreasonable to grandfather people in - not because they are great coaches or veterans or send seble flowers, simply because they are customers).

honestly, i think the perspective that is undervalued most of all, in all these threads, is very simply - this is a casual game played for casual enjoyment. it seems people are taking it entirely too seriously, worrying about all these little details, when removing multiple teams from coaches complaint with the rules before they are changed, can totally ruin the experience for those people. my appeal for people to consider the damage to the game was only a last ditched effort because the primary appeal failed - that hey this is for fun, is it really THAT big of a deal, is it really worth majorly negatively impacting the experience of so many coaches?
4/20/2013 1:06 AM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/20/2013 12:47:00 AM (view original):
"i am quite confident on a number of issues, and i think consequently, i often come off as arrogant."

BillyG, this is pretty funny. I mean, I've read a lot of what you've written in the forums and your WIS interview and I wouldn't think you'd be the type of guy to apologize for coming across arrogant. It seemed like you'd be the type of guy who would be damn proud of being arrogant! Haha. And I feel your pain on the issues with texting your wife. Hmmm, maybe arrogance is the reason why I don't have a wife.

I appreciate your site mail to me, too. I don't expect that I'll ever amount to coming close to achieving your success on this site. Andi with everyone else who has improved their coaching from reading your advice, sincerely thank you.

I do dumb things a lot and can usually admit when I do. I did read too much into your post on Nacho's thread and that was dumb of me. I STILL don't think coaching multiple teams in one world should be permitted... but I apparently am in the minority. I can live with that. Good luck to you, again, BillyG. Oh, and any time you want to look at my recruiting and game planning to point out all the bad mistakes I'm making, feel free. I could use all the help I can get.

This post should be enshrined as an example of how to level things off at the end of a questionable crusade.  Tip o' the cap to you, sir.
4/20/2013 10:31 AM
Nothing's perfect. I have family members who play as well as myself and we are scrupulous about not sharing info or colluding. Not jsut because it's the rule but we think it reduces the fun of the challenge. I have changed my tune about multiple teams. Leave it the way it is, 1000 miles apart. I'd bet the legitimate users way outnumber the cheaters and if you have to cheat at a game lik,e this, well, how sad are you? Call them out, don't anyone schedule them. We are in no shape to chase some of the best (and most addicted :)) coaches from the game. Whatever you try, someone will beat the system. Let's not shred our fragile population.
4/20/2013 6:00 PM
Posted by craigcoug on 4/18/2013 12:42:00 PM (view original):
I am a new user to WIS. I'm extremely discouraged by the attitude of WIS bowing down to it's "elite members" to not make obvious changes to level a fair playground.

Seble, the site administrator, won't do anything about coaches having more than one team in a world and using recruiting info between these two teams because he is intimidated by the superegos of the super elite threatening him. He might tell you it's because over 50% of the 180 votes cast in his poll have not voted for banning coaches from playing two teams in one world. The 47% is not convincing enough even bearing in mind that the super elite with their multiple accounts are voting against it multiple times.

If you are interested in putting your name on a petition to stop coaches from abusing the system by playing more than one team in one world, please site mail me or respond to this post.

If you are looking to vomit your twisted logic as to why allowing users to play multiple teams in one world is the best thing for all of us coaching at WIS, go find another post in the forums for that. Move along, please.
 I would vote, but since this isnt even half the game as GD, I;m leaving after one season.

Best of luck  to you though in trying to change this
4/21/2013 8:05 AM
bye, you'll be missed
4/21/2013 9:45 AM
I always get a kick out of the guys that think/like GD better than HD, feeling that HD is inferior...lofl...
4/21/2013 1:35 PM
yeah, I love football, it's by far my favorite sport, I don't even really like basketball but the GD game was just to quirky and "dynasty" based.....this game is light years better in my opinion
4/21/2013 1:59 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/21/2013 1:59:00 PM (view original):
yeah, I love football, it's by far my favorite sport, I don't even really like basketball but the GD game was just to quirky and "dynasty" based.....this game is light years better in my opinion
Couldn't agree more.
4/21/2013 2:04 PM
◂ Prev 12345

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.