2012-13 players are here Topic

How hard is it to update 11 guys who made all-defense? ...and why does whether or not they make the list dictate what their defense is? Don't the people here at at WhatIf make up the defensive ratings themselves for all of the other players? If other player's (and the current all-defense guys) ratings are based on some metric(s), then what are the numbers the all-d guys currently have and why does making some list because people voted for them change how well they play defense? That seems like pawning the job of giving out def. ratings off on the the real NBA...not that I am surprised.

It's simple:

1. Make up defensive ratings for all players at the end of the season.
2. Ignore lists of people generated by other people voting because this doesn't change how well a player played defensively.
3. Stop neglecting basketball.
4. Profit (oh, wait...they already do that).
5/17/2013 10:08 AM
I must admit as much as I love this site (been coming here off and on since early 2000s), the way they decide defensive numbers has to be off.  Lebron has way too low a rating for this season.  So does Marc Gasol and some others.  You really start to get the feeling that these people don't actually watch basketball, they just plug in the numbers and put defensive ratings in on a whim.

5/18/2013 2:04 AM
On another note, here my top ten sim players from this season (no particular order):

1) Lebron: absolute beast.  I mean seriously, could that have been the best season ever stat wise.
2) Drummond: Look at those numbers with that defense.  Really solid in those limited minutes
3) Korver: Another great three point season to consider when drafting.
4) Curry: Perfect compliment to inside dominant teams. Probably won't be used on too many serious contenders though.
5) CP3: Solid season at the point, good defense and a good point guard platoon candidate.
6) ED Davis: makes this list because hes 100% eligible at SF. Excellent rebounding option if you want to stack rebounding.
7) Duncan: Excellent platoon candidate. 100 defense with very high def rebounding
8) Danny Green: ridiculously good efg with 84 defense
9) Durant: 50-40-90, solid defense, lots of minutes
10) Kidd: another good statistical season; perfect for platooning.

5/18/2013 2:30 AM
they just havent made the adjustments from the al defense and dpoy awarrds
5/18/2013 10:41 AM
gee the DPoY and all D honors have been awarded and brooklyn has had franchise for, heavens, an entire season and yet we're still sitting here with neither adjustments nor franchise listing - astonishing....
5/22/2013 4:45 PM
I'm waiting to unleash 12-13 Lebron till he's got his 90 d-rating.

Please accelerate this process.

5/25/2013 4:01 PM
hey they did it!
5/31/2013 9:27 AM
Is there a downloadable excel file with the 12-13 players?
6/10/2013 6:29 PM
◂ Prev 12
2012-13 players are here Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.