Recruiting Question Topic

Thinking about going after a pull down.  I sent a letter didn't get the backup response, but he didn't reject the letter.  Would it be a waste to go ahead and throw some st at him, or should I send another and wait on a response?
4/19/2013 4:02 PM
Don't waste time sending a letter or a phone call to the recruit to make this determination.

Call the coach instead. He'll ALWAYS respond to your effort, and he'll tell you whether it's worth trying to pull the player down.

If it IS worth it, he'll say something like "player X is looking to play at a higher level, but I've heard he might consider (your school) as a backup option if that doesn't pan out".

If it's NOT worth it, he'll say something like "don't take this the wrong way, but he doesn't even know who you are - might want to move on".

Basically, if he doesn't tell you that you are a backup option, he can't be pulled down.

4/19/2013 4:12 PM
Thanks appreciate it
4/19/2013 4:22 PM
Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.