Playoff Rotation? Topic

I just lost a 5 game series, mostly because the pitcher I wanted to start my game 5 didn't.

I tweaked my rotation like this. My ace pitched the game before and he was listed under "Starter 1" and was at 86 (100) stamina, so I knew he wouldn't start. Because it was game 5, I put my other 2 starters in the bullpen since they were both at 100.

The pitcher I wanted to pitch was in "Starter 2" just under my ace that just pitched.

The Sim didn't have him start. It had my Long A start.

WHY???

Just curious. I notice in the playoffs you have some leeway with your rotation each game. Why didn't this work for me? What did I do wrong?

Thanks

4/20/2013 2:34 PM
You don't have leeway each game. You only have leeway to set your game 1 starter. Once game 4 is over, your game 5 starter is set and can't be changed.

Which pitcher had the baseball next to him indicating that he was set to start?
4/20/2013 4:15 PM
I don't remember, but it must have been my #2.

That makes sense. I'll plan ahead next time and make the change after game 3
4/24/2013 9:51 PM
HOW CAN YOU SCHEDULE IN SIM TO HAVE THE SAME PITCHER START 2 CONSECUTIVE GAMES?
6/6/2013 4:04 PM
Have no other starters.
6/7/2013 7:35 PM
Posted by ynotjanns on 4/20/2013 2:34:00 PM (view original):
I just lost a 5 game series, mostly because the pitcher I wanted to start my game 5 didn't.

I tweaked my rotation like this. My ace pitched the game before and he was listed under "Starter 1" and was at 86 (100) stamina, so I knew he wouldn't start. Because it was game 5, I put my other 2 starters in the bullpen since they were both at 100.

The pitcher I wanted to pitch was in "Starter 2" just under my ace that just pitched.

The Sim didn't have him start. It had my Long A start.

WHY???

Just curious. I notice in the playoffs you have some leeway with your rotation each game. Why didn't this work for me? What did I do wrong?

Thanks

This doesn't make sense....

After game 4, your rotation should have looked something like:

Adam Alpha ('13) R               Starter #1     86 (100)
Brian Beta ('12) R  (O)          Starter #2     100
Gary Gamma ('11) R            Starter #3      100
Derik Delta ('10) L                 Starter #4      100

That is, if your #1 just pitched and your #2 was at 100%, the ball (next starter designation) had to be with him.  Moving your #3 and #4 starters to the bullpen would not affect the starter.  

I am unsure, but I think it is impossible to get a pitcher designated to the bullpen to start in the next game.  The starter will alway be the guy in the rotation with the ball next to his name even if that violates your rest/ fatigue settings.

After you rearranged your pitching staff did you double check to make sure the settings you wanted took effect?

6/9/2013 2:32 PM
Playoff Rotation? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.