Draft Pick/Projection Question Topic

Just finished my first draft. My top picks numbers are different after signing then the scouted numbers...what causes this..poor scouts?

Secondary newbie question. How much do guys base players worth on thier overall projected number..I have guys who may project as a total say 71 player yet his batting attributes look really good...so Im confused as to how to judge a player...

any help would be appreciated
4/20/2013 2:52 PM
Before you sign players you see ratings based on the $ you put into the scouting department that found them... HS, College, or Intl.
After you sign them you see their actual current ratings, and their projections based on your ADV scouting. So yes the numbers will probably change. Whichever you spent more $ on would be more accurate.
4/20/2013 3:12 PM
Overall ratings can be deceptive because they take into account ALL ratings including health, stamina, makeup and things like that. So you can have a batter with 70+ OA who is a good athlete and can play everyday and never complain about his contract, but not hit a lick. Or a pitcher who can give you lots of innings but get hit around while doing so.
You kind of have to separate out the important ratings from the secondary ones when you look at players. Also depends on what role you have in mind or need the player for.
4/20/2013 3:17 PM
I am only in my second year but my mentor told me spend alot of time reviewing the players who have solid stats in your league and review their ratings.  I have a player who is an overall 68 but has 25 HR and 76 RBI and its not even the all star break.  He is on the decline a little but has been putting up these stats for the past 5 years.  His power and eye are very high while his other stats are lower than most.
4/21/2013 3:07 PM
Draft Pick/Projection Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.