future seasons payroll Topic

I have a player payroll of 100M this season (season 23) and currently show a budget of $76.8M for next season.  I'm trying to sign a player to an extension that will push next season's payroll over the 76.8M mark and it won't let me.  Is there any way around this?  I understand not loading up a massive payroll on a franchise but it doesn't seem like this is flexible enough. Any way I can keep this guy or am I out of luck?  Thanks for the help. 
4/21/2013 10:27 PM
The only way around it, to my knowledge, would be to move (I.e. trade) a player who is still under contract for next season to open up the space. Otherwise you're SOL.
4/22/2013 1:56 AM
Acquiring cash will not work-- but I think that making a budget transfer might help.
4/22/2013 7:20 AM
Posted by dedelman on 4/22/2013 7:20:00 AM (view original):
Acquiring cash will not work-- but I think that making a budget transfer might help.
This is correct.
Transferring money to player payroll will increase future seasons' payroll, albeit at the same % the future season limit is set at
4/22/2013 8:24 AM
Well thanks for the help. I guess I'll chalk it up as a valuable learning experience.
4/22/2013 9:32 AM
future seasons payroll Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.