Would anyone ... Topic

When he plays the three, I would put it at -2 then.  His LP vs a typical SF's block is going to be a big advantage.
When he plays the four , I would try the -1 setting.  

Just thinking out loud. 
4/22/2013 11:42 AM
Against #7 SOS, by the way
4/22/2013 11:51 AM
Posted by arssanguinus on 4/22/2013 11:17:00 AM (view original):
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=2361511
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=2382363
http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=2361510

Are the other eligible three shooters.
those guys seem fine to me, but it doesnt really give me the information i was looking for - its really about how you plan to play your team. is this a team going to be shooting an average amount of 3s? slightly more, a lot more, slightly less, etc... 2 different coaches could give very different answers for the same team.

if you see yourself taking a normal amount of 3s or more, i would probably go with the -1. i dont subscribe to speed being a significant defensive rating at the 4, so i disagree with whoever posted about that. also, the low post at the 3 vs a poor shot blocker thing, ive conceptually thought the same thing, tested it, and disagree the effect is substantial. shot blocking is not useless at the 3, like it is at the 2, but i dont think there is a profound difference between the impact on different kinds of scoring at the 3.

anyway, this is a really good player, and matching him up against the lesser defender makes sense to me, in the general sense. i just dont see it as detailed as some of the other guys :) if you don't take a lot of 3s as a team, id definitely try to get some out of him with a 0, to keep your team from being too 1 dimensional.
4/22/2013 12:56 PM
Usually I try to keep my teams somewhere between 18% and 28% threes, depending on effectiveness of my shooting.this is probably going to settle in in the twenty percent threes range based on previous rosters, if I was to roughly guess.
4/22/2013 1:43 PM
I'm in the -1 camp, but wouldn't bat an eye if you even switched him to 0.
4/22/2013 5:35 PM
given his relatively poor FT rating and the fact that there is some comparative algorithm of lp::per built into shooting already, I'd go with 0.
4/23/2013 3:04 AM
Posted by jsajsa on 4/22/2013 10:02:00 AM (view original):
Unless he had a low offensive IQ, why would you go -2 with this guy? I agree with TrentonJoe, I'd play him -1 without a doubt and may have considered a 0 if not that his LP is so high.
I dont understand what Off IQ has anything do to with this?
4/23/2013 7:34 AM
◂ Prev 12
Would anyone ... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.