Looking for something new and fun in Naismith Topic

I'm pretty bored at NC State, and not really getting anywhere anytime soon, so thinking about moving on. I'd like to try something interesting and different, whether that's build up a smaller conference, drop back into a fun d2 conference, or I've always wanted a school in a weird place, like alaska or hawaii or puerto rico (but i think all of those are taken in Naismith).

other things that intrigue me-- other than a brief few seasons in the Bay area, i've always been an east coast, crowded area coach, so I'm vaguely interested in having space/territory to defend, if such a thing exists. I think at the least i'd like to move west somewhere...      

anyone have any ideas?

4/23/2013 9:20 AM
Come help bring the PSAC in D2 back to its old glory days. It used to the #1 RPI conference almost every year with some of the top D2 coaches including daalter. Now Im the only one left from those days and I feel like its time to bring the conference back.

Also as an added challenge come see if you can end my 5 season undefeated conference winning streak.

4/23/2013 10:01 AM
I always liked trying to find schools with little or no past success and bring them to glory. Maybe looking at some of the lower D1 conferences you could find some really horrible team. You won't be able to get them to A prestige but 20+ wins, get them in NT and ranked is a good goal.
4/23/2013 11:18 AM
DONT GO TO HAWAII
4/23/2013 11:56 AM
Posted by mmt0315 on 4/23/2013 11:56:00 AM (view original):
DONT GO TO HAWAII
why, you scared? ;)

besides, it's taken, and he's only been there 3 seasons, so isn't getting fired. 
4/23/2013 1:17 PM
I vote you go to the MWC. Coaching at Wyoming might be one of the last places I'd ever want to be for recruiting purposes. So there's your challenge. And... no matter the world, it's always fun to see good coaches building up that conference.
4/23/2013 1:54 PM
that's a definite possibility. 
4/23/2013 2:00 PM
Posted by wronoj on 4/23/2013 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mmt0315 on 4/23/2013 11:56:00 AM (view original):
DONT GO TO HAWAII
why, you scared? ;)

besides, it's taken, and he's only been there 3 seasons, so isn't getting fired. 
No if you leave maybe I'll take over NC State. Im not happy with my jump to the Pac-10 conference isnt as active and West Coast recruiting is brutal. I made the Hawaii comment because I just made the mistake in another world!
4/23/2013 4:38 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 4/23/2013 1:54:00 PM (view original):
I vote you go to the MWC. Coaching at Wyoming might be one of the last places I'd ever want to be for recruiting purposes. So there's your challenge. And... no matter the world, it's always fun to see good coaches building up that conference.
coming from someone who coaches at Wyoming (Tark), if there is a strong Colorado, wyoming can be a nightmare.  with colorado an A in Naismith, it would be a tremendous challenge (and 2 of the 3 colorado MWC schools are human as well).  I'd try and talk you into my conference, but we're full, so I'll throw some love to wyoming as well.
4/23/2013 5:25 PM
thanks for the heads-up mmt.

and yeah, milk, if one of the PR schools came open I'd be in, but otherwise i'm looking to get off the east coast.      

4/23/2013 5:39 PM
I'm not sure how serious you were about the "build up a smaller conference" idea, but selfishly, I just made the move up to DI in Naismith in the Summit League, and would be very happy to have more good human coaches in there. Lots of different types of programs to choose from: A B- prestige program with a few human-recruited players still around and 4 open scholarships (Stetson), A C- program with 4 open scholarships that recruits right in the ACC's backyard (Campbell), and several other rebuilds. Nothing as "exotic" as Alaska, Hawaii, or PR, but a fair amount of geographic diversity in the conference (open programs in FL, IL, IN, NC, OK, MO, LA, and MI). Hard to see why any of this would be appealing (I took it because I was ready to try my hand at DI and this was what I was qualified for), but if something there sounds interesting, I'd be glad to have you in the conference (especially a fellow Wooden DIII coach!).
4/23/2013 8:32 PM
we would love to have you in the MAC wronoj. we currently have 6 human coaches, and are looking to add more and become a formidable mid-major conference
4/23/2013 8:56 PM
Posted by wronoj on 4/23/2013 5:39:00 PM (view original):
thanks for the heads-up mmt.

and yeah, milk, if one of the PR schools came open I'd be in, but otherwise i'm looking to get off the east coast.      

2 PR schools opened up. I'm sure ohyesyouwill just forgot to renew, so PRRP is probably gonna be filled, but PRB has needed a good coach for a while.  we'd love to have you
4/24/2013 8:18 AM
PRB it is. App in this morning.

mmt, come save State from my last two seasons of recruiting. 7 openings, tons of cash, A prestige.

4/26/2013 7:41 AM
after 40 seasons at NC State, I'm dropping in on the D2 PR guys for a little while...
4/26/2013 8:14 PM
Looking for something new and fun in Naismith Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.