Player Development Topic

Are there any tricks to developing your players that I am missing? I've looked at the formulas regarding a players core attributes and secondary attributes and have based my practice plan around that but my players do not seem to be developing as other's in my league. My recruits all had good potential but seem to be developing as other SIM AIs on my team. At each position the same ratings are going up and the same ones are going down. e.g. speed goes up for all RBs but GI goes down for all RBs as well. That's why I believe it's my practice plan. Am I doing something wrong or is it solely on potential?

Thank you
4/23/2013 4:30 PM
You are doing something wrong. 
4/23/2013 10:02 PM
How many minutes do you have devoted to individual practice?  No more than 50 min total for formations, the rest to go individual practice.  Assign up to 25 minutes for cores per position (str & blk) for OL, distribute remaining minutes for secondary attributes.  If you have mostly high potential recruits, your team should average about 30 pts gained by the end of the season.  Hope this helps!
4/23/2013 11:50 PM
Also, you are allowed to allocate 180 minutes PER POSITION (less what you put into formations).  As dream76 said, no more than 50-60 minutes in formations and Special Teams (total), then the rest for your positions.  For example, here is what I have for my QBs on one of my teams (this is for a D1A team, for a DIII team, it should be more):
COND: 20   HNDS: 12  AGLTY: 15   PASSING: 25   STRNGTH: 20   STUDY FILM: 20

For my LBs:
COND: 22   TKLNG: 20   HNDS: 14   AGLTY: 15   STRNGTH: 20   STUDY FILM: 21

4/24/2013 8:50 AM
Player Development Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.