All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Possible to get a vision reset for recruiting?
4/24/2013 12:27 PM
I am worried that in trying to get passing to work these past 2 beta seasons that my vision may have been harmed to the point that it impacts recruiting in the coming cycle.

It seems only the all-run/run-heavy teams are winning, in Romero DIII playoffs thu 24 playoff games no winning team has thrown more than they have run, and winning teams are averging 235 rushing yards per game in the playoffs.
Using Dobbie DIII as an example thru 11 games, there are only 3 teams averging 230+ rushing per game over a season including the scrubs on the schedule...having 24 winners average 235 vs playoff-quality teams seems a bit high.

Anyway, back to my point that if rushing teams have been preforming the best thru 2 season and passing teams generally not-so-much, then wont this impact vision? and if it does then doesnt seem like we will be getting a true diagnosis of the issue?
are passing teams bad because passing engine needs tweeking or because their vision is poor and the roster isnt as good as it could be?

1 equation and 2 variables.
4/24/2013 1:57 PM
You should have used the test game feature.  With this feature there's no reason to put something into your gameplan that doesn't work to your satisfaction relative to other options.
4/24/2013 4:56 PM
Just move up a division and your vision will reset.
4/24/2013 5:02 PM
Actually, what I'd really like to see is three or four recruiting cycles run so that teams have more of a "normal" look.

4/25/2013 7:18 AM
Sorry slid64er, but that's BS.  I use the test game feature no less than 100 times a day and find things that work unequivocally in test games, but in real games fail miserably.  I never put anything in MY gameplan unless I'm confident in it's success, but that's not happening consistently enough with the test game feature.  I get something worked out for a heavy pass offense in the test game scenario that works consistently (say, 16 out of 20 games) and install it, then come halftime of the actual game, my qb is 3 of 15 passing for 27 yards.  If you trust the test games 100%, good for you.  For me, both games I've lost so far this season were to sims that I completely crushed regularly in test games and lost to, quite soundly in one case, in the actual games.

But to govolswoo's point, I'd heard that at the beginning of season 1, vision was all equal for everyone.  Have we had any confirmation that vision has even been turned on on for the Beta period?  Personally, I feel the problem is still in the passing game settings and maybe not so much the vision.  I have a pretty solid QB (68 GI, 53 Tech, 53 STR) and WR's with 89 and 76 SPD and 76 and 67 ELU (albeit, average hands), and I feel with those attributes and a pretty good O line that's only given up 11 sacks in 17 games so far, I should be tearing up the passing game...  but I'm not.  My RB, however, is averaging roughly 225 ypg.  I don't know, but I'm leaning toward the passing game still needing tweeks, though it does seem to have improved a bit over the past few days.

Since recruiting seems to be the topic there, Norbert, is there any way to streamline the recruiting period down to maybe 3 or 4 days instead of 7 for the Beta?  Just seems like wasted time for Beta testing, since I'm sure the majority of us are pretty much locked and loaded after the first couple signing cycles. 
4/25/2013 8:58 AM
what is vision
4/25/2013 11:24 AM

Slider: my point isnt that i am not winning in beta, it was pretty ovbious that all-run was the way to go early on, and if i wanted to be competetive I would have adjusted accordingly. But I wanted to see how passing worked in this new engine, and the answer was is didnt at all and still doesnt appear to work very effectively or consistently.
my point is that now after 2 seasons the run-oriented teams will have the increased vision while the pass-oriented teams will have decreased vision.

How is anyone to know if passing needs bumping or if running needs to be nerfed a bit more if there is not more-or-less standardized talent pools for both team types?

Is the answer "of course my rb runs for 300/game, have you seen his attributes?" or "no wonder my passing game sucks, my OL is attrocious"? or are there real issues that could be fleshed out in the engine when talent disparities are removed as much as possible.
What could end up happening is an over-adjustment either way (making passing too potent or rushing too inefective) based on measurements made of The Richer vs The Poorer instead of having everything more-or-less as even as possible.

4/25/2013 12:05 PM
gv, just keep jumping up a division every season and the talent level will always be more or less even. There's always some outliers, but 90% of the teams will be within the standard SIM profile. You might want to consider a 2nd team, so you have one to try out weird stuff on.
4/25/2013 3:15 PM
Except we can't move up past D2 at this point because of the loyalty requirement
4/25/2013 8:00 PM
Posted by chainsaw4 on 4/25/2013 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Except we can't move up past D2 at this point because of the loyalty requirement
That should be removed to allow coaches to get to DI quicker than normal, so BETA can be shorter. Without it, the last timeline I saw to leave BETA would have exactly 0 seasons of human coached DI-A...
4/25/2013 10:29 PM
I believe norbert has indicated the loyalty requirement will be waived.
4/26/2013 8:12 AM
Posted by bjaygee on 4/25/2013 10:29:00 PM (view original):
I believe norbert has indicated the loyalty requirement will be waived.
Apparently not; nobody moved to DIAA last night. norbert, could you confirm or deny?
4/26/2013 10:32 AM
I have posted in several other threads that job selection will run normally until told otherwise.  There are still some pretty glaring balance issues in the results and I'd like to get those in a better place before we start pushing people up the divisions, but I will post and let everyone know when any job qualifications are lifted in beta.
4/26/2013 5:36 PM
While we're at it, I had a bit of a down season in DII Rockne this year, with a few less wins than I'm accustomed to. Can you go ahead and set my vision there back to the highest possible DII vision? That is how I prefer to recruit. Or if it's easier for you, you could just knock a few other team's visions down to match mine. Thanks in advance.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Possible to get a vision reset for recruiting?

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.