Cancelling Bad contracts Topic

It would be nice if commissioner had the ability to shorten some long term bad contracts on teams that are left open.  There's nothing worse then a guy signing a horrible deal and leaving it for the next owner..  

I know that this game is trying to mirror real life and in real life teams cant cancel contracts.. But in RL teams don't have a different owner every year for multiple seasons.. 

It sucks trying to fill a team with a 37yr old bum making 10M per season. 
4/24/2013 2:05 PM

There's always the problem with aliases.

Dude signs a bunch of bad deals(on the back end).   Leaves.    Alias contacts commish and says "I'll take that team if you cancel these three bad deals."    Hell, if he wanted, he could transfer the team back to the original owner during pre-season. 

4/24/2013 2:55 PM
Digging out an old topic. I have several bad contracts for a team I took over and I am tied down by these 3-4 year contracts ($7-9 mil each) that I can't even give them away even if I pay more than half the 1st year contract. What are my options?
9/13/2018 5:35 PM
I think allowing the acceleration of contracts could work. Pay a fee and you can restructure contract however you want within rules.
9/19/2018 8:53 AM
Cancelling Bad contracts Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.