Another Coach_BillyG Thread!!! Topic

I believe Stine.   I guess I have less than half a brain.
4/28/2013 11:08 AM
Posted by reddyred on 4/28/2013 10:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by stinenavy on 4/27/2013 3:36:00 PM (view original):
I explained the situation, if you think I'm being vindictive you're being a fool.

I didn't know he was cheating until someone else brought it up a few days ago. I knew he had multiple ID's, I didn't know he was in violation of the rules. Lots of people have multiple IDs, billyg was the first someone else pointed out was cheating. If you know of anyone else I'll submit a ticket on them as well.
This is BS... you're the fool if you think I or anyone else with half a brain believes this. It has been a KNOWN fact that billyg has  had multiple ID's in the same world for a LONG time. You're telling me you're in the same world with him...close enough to be competing against him for recruits yet in all this time you had no clue? You tell me who's the fool here.... hint: it's surely not me. 

I am definitely not calling this guy a hero (he's appointed himself with the designation)... and I also wouldn't go as far to say billy is a martyr but what happened to him or the way it happened to him I should say is truly ridiculous. And further more if I know of someone, why is it I should tell you? Who are you? You want to have a snitch parade, do your own leg work... smh. 
I believe stine too ... I don't usually GO LOOK at what teams a guy with multiple IDs has ... I just ASSUME that they are following the rules of no 2 teams within 1000 miles, or that someone would find them.

I would be glad, if everyone posts all their IDs, to check and see who else is not following the rules.

The rules are there for a reason and damn it, people should follow them.

Why have a rule and not follow it?

Stop all the ******* whining and follow the ******* rules.

4/28/2013 11:16 AM
Posted by stinenavy on 4/28/2013 8:12:00 AM (view original):
There was no 1000 mile rule then, genius.
It's proof that people knew that coach_billyg had multiple IDs and the thread I bumped from August 2011 shows that...it made it public and common knowledge.

And btw, when was the 1000 mile rule implemented then, rat *****?

If you really gave a **** about the 1000 mile rule, you would have pursued it beyond billyg.

4/28/2013 1:28 PM
Posted by hughesjr on 4/28/2013 11:16:00 AM (view original):
I explained the situation, if you think I'm being vindictive you're being a fool.

I didn't know he was cheating until someone else brought it up a few days ago. I knew he had multiple ID's, I didn't know he was in violation of the rules. Lots of people have multiple IDs, billyg was the first someone else pointed out was cheating. If you know of anyone else I'll submit a ticket on them as well.
This is BS... you're the fool if you think I or anyone else with half a brain believes this. It has been a KNOWN fact that billyg has  had multiple ID's in the same world for a LONG time. You're telling me you're in the same world with him...close enough to be competing against him for recruits yet in all this time you had no clue? You tell me who's the fool here.... hint: it's surely not me. 

I am definitely not calling this guy a hero (he's appointed himself with the designation)... and I also wouldn't go as far to say billy is a martyr but what happened to him or the way it happened to him I should say is truly ridiculous. And further more if I know of someone, why is it I should tell you? Who are you? You want to have a snitch parade, do your own leg work... smh. 
I believe stine too ... I don't usually GO LOOK at what teams a guy with multiple IDs has ... I just ASSUME that they are following the rules of no 2 teams within 1000 miles, or that someone would find them.

I would be glad, if everyone posts all their IDs, to check and see who else is not following the rules.

Now what do we say about "assuming".... Point is, if you've been reading any of these threads, is that billyg is more than open with his multiple ID's and has been... so there's no need to GO LOOK in his case when it's known info. A coach as known as billyg on this site in the same world as you are in for at least a calendar year, a coach you compete for recruits against and you don't know his teams? Seriously.. You can believe this nonsense if you choose to but it's more than obvious it's a charade. 

Again billyg's aliases are well documented so that meets your criteria. 

So tell me, what's the reasoning for this rule since you're so sure there is a reason here? 

You answer this question with a statement that can't be debated logically then your so called "whining" will be stopped on my end that is...

4/28/2013 5:38 PM
I have been in Tark for a long time and I did not know where his D2 team was. Why should I care? It is a D2 team and I am only concerned with D1. I can honestly tell you that I do not know who has won any D3 or D2 championships unless I go look it up. I think both sides of this argument have their points and I will play either way. I think the 1000 mile rule is ludacris, and it should be multiple IDs or no multiple IDs. If pressed I would probably lean towards the latter.

I do not want Biily to leave USC, but it is not the reason everyone else does. I want Billy to stay because we are going to have some epic recruiting battles. It was just getting fun.
4/28/2013 6:02 PM
I have been following this. It seems simple...(1) dont have rules you wont enforce....(2)dont break the rules and then (3)make excuses for why you should be able to break the rules, others play by the rules.
4/29/2013 7:18 AM
Posted by kevin_w64 on 4/28/2013 6:02:00 PM (view original):
I have been in Tark for a long time and I did not know where his D2 team was. Why should I care? It is a D2 team and I am only concerned with D1. I can honestly tell you that I do not know who has won any D3 or D2 championships unless I go look it up. I think both sides of this argument have their points and I will play either way. I think the 1000 mile rule is ludacris, and it should be multiple IDs or no multiple IDs. If pressed I would probably lean towards the latter.

I do not want Biily to leave USC, but it is not the reason everyone else does. I want Billy to stay because we are going to have some epic recruiting battles. It was just getting fun.

Why should you care? Exactly. Would you care enough to go to CS based on the 1,000 mile rule to cost another coach their team? My point is that there's really no difference between 1000 miles or 720 miles IF you are going to cheat which this rule is supposed to prevent. Distance isn't the issue with multiple ID's in the same world... I agree, have multiple ID's in the same world or don't have them... but to go report someone based on this rule seems petty when the rule is obviously flawed. 

4/29/2013 10:35 AM
I seriously doubt that Billg was cheating. He made no to attempts to conceal his multiple ID's. I could be wrong but I think he even mentioned it in the article WIS did on him. So either WIS looks the other way for some people or only acts to enforce a rule, that most people abide with voluntarily, only when forced to enforce it.

There lies the problem. 
4/29/2013 11:19 AM

+1
4/29/2013 3:16 PM

Wow, how did I not see/respond to this sooner.

Eff you.  If it's so damned important to you, you go find the "cheaters".  You asking people to post their IDs only heightens the witch hunt aspect of this, as only, what, maybe 20% of HDers post on the boards here...gtfo outta here man...if you're so up in arms about "cheaters", get your own damn K9 unit and get after it...man...

I don't trust guys like you to police the game, because you seem to not have evaluated the rule yourself, whether it's good, bad, etc...you just see it as a rule and that it should be enforced, without listening at all to what open-minded, big picture seeing people have said about the rule.  THE MILE LIMIT DOESN'T PREVENT THE CHEATING AT ALL.

4/30/2013 1:03 AM (edited)
Why don't we all just follow the rules that we think are good?  That's the American Way!
4/29/2013 8:31 PM
I pay to play the game, not police it.  If WIS is unwilling or unable to police its own game(s), that's not my problem.  If some of you want to play Captain Planet and save the world, then fine, but don't TELL other people to do your research for you....find your little plastic sheriff badges, and get after it.
4/29/2013 8:33 PM
I think colonels point, although he may not be stating it in the best way, is not that people should be allowed to cheat, only that the rule and enforcement don't make sense.   BillyG has 3 teams in Tark, and the problem we are now arguing over is that SIUE and South carolina are about 770 miles apart.  Yes that is a violation, but is it going to make him cheat or give him a bigger advantage than SIUE and USC, which are more than 1000 miles apart and therefore legal?? 

Billy is being forced out of South Carolina, but lets say Miami opens up next season and he applies for that job and gets it.  Now he still has 3 teams in Tark, but Miami and SIUE are more than 1000 miles, so no rules violation and therfore no issue??  But have we really accomplished anything?   He's just as likely to cheat (although no one is really accusing him of that) and he gains just as much of an advantage, but he is within the rules.   That just goes to show the rule is stupid. 

And for the record, in a perfect world, I would be in favor of 1 team per person per world.  But I also would rather see humans on my schedule than SIMS, so I have no desire to make anyone drop any team they have.
4/29/2013 9:19 PM
I'll admit I'm going hard in this thread here, but that's been the tone, so I think I'm just matching a punch for a punch.  I could have said what I said more (or less) eloquently I suppose...however you want to look at it.

Again I just resent the guys that are hardcore, shout at the mountaintops against "cheating" (stinenavy and hughesjr) that say that they want stuff done, but they aren't willing to put in ANY work to pursue other cheaters.  Stine said in this thread or another that if I or anyone else find any "cheaters" that I should "let him know and he'll report them"...lol you serious?  And then there's hughesjr, wanting me to blindly follow a dumb rule just because it's there while disregarding the fact that only ONE person in violation was punished due to a vindictive witch hunt and the fact that a ruling was made way too quickly with absolutely NO DISCUSSION from the powers that be at WIS about punishment guidelines/actions going forth.  That's just wrong, and I don't know of anyone who is in violation of the "rules" currently, but if I did know of someone, I wouldn't turn my worst enemy in because there is no "due process" in these matters, it just seems like it's GALLOWS OR BUST for some of you here.

4/30/2013 1:02 AM
Posted by tbird9423 on 4/29/2013 8:31:00 PM (view original):
Why don't we all just follow the rules that we think are good?  That's the American Way!
If it upsets you that much, feel free to leave.  HD and America.  Nothing keeping you in either place, is there?
4/30/2013 2:55 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Another Coach_BillyG Thread!!! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.