NFL Draft Topic

Lost it's luster with me, but I DVR it and skip through the lulls.

Best parts of Round 1

1) Teams being scared shitless of being the team that gets Manti Teo. I don't think there's any doubt he's in the top 20 or so in talent, but the man could have a productive 10+ year career and still be known as the guy who had the fake girlfriend.

2) The Bills proving why they've been bad for so long and taking EJ Manuel. If they were going to go QB, they should've gone ahead and taken Nassab. I like the idea of the coach bringing in the QB that helped him get his NFL job. Didn't work for Spurrier, but Nassab is a much higher rated prospect than what Spurrier had.

3) Geno Smith walking out of the green room and refusing on-camera interview. Always entertaining seeing some guy being told he's the greatest thing, get a fresh dose of reality. Do think he or Barkley should get picked up by the Jags in the 2nd round. Gabbert blows.
4/26/2013 12:29 AM
1.  Getting manhandled by Alabama hurt his stock a lot more than a fake girlfriend.   

2.  Pistol offense.  NFL is a copycat league.   Probably won't work as a knock on EJM is bad decision-making.

3.  Haterade.   At the end of the day, he's still a kid.   Getting crushed in front of the world is horrible.  Watching Quinn and Rodgers squirm was not fun.  I'm sure I'd have felt the same way about Smith. 
4/26/2013 9:18 AM
1. Te'o does have talent, and the only real on-field question is whether he can perform as well against the abilities of NFL caliber players (he did struggle against Alamba in the NT game). If Te'o holds up to his talent in the NFL, he'll become one of its better linebackers, and the teams that passed on him due to the GF thing will be kicking themselves. If he can't hold up in the NFL, teams that would have taken him will be glad they GF thing kept them from doing it.

2. The Bills were said to have evaluated every QB extensively and thought Manuel was the best. If they're right they will be seen as genius later, and if they are wrong, they will be mocked for the pick. There is really no middle ground for them on this.

3. Smith has the tools if a team can teach him some other things he needs. It sounds like he needs to eat some humble pie first if he refused an interview because he didn't get taken where he expected.

4/26/2013 11:06 AM
The problem with the Bills pick is they could have goten him much later if they wanted to. They should have moved down.
4/26/2013 11:17 AM
NFL Draft Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.