Late season call-up question Topic

So if I bring my AAA ace up to get 4 starts and 20 days in at the end of the MLB season because he might help the playoff run, then do i have to leave him down for 40 days totall to start the next season in order to keep the extra arb year?
4/26/2013 1:08 AM
Yes.

And wouldn't keeping a very good ML-read player in the MinL for a 1/4  of the season pretty much define tanking?

Not that you said you'd do that. You just asked.

4/26/2013 4:10 AM
No, not 40 days.

An HBD season is around 175-176 days.  A year of ML service time is 172 days.  Any optional assignment to the minors that is less than 20 days counts as ML service time (which people tend not to fully understand, and where the "keep in minors for 20 days" rule of thumb comes from).

If your guy accrues 20 days of ML service time this season, you would need to leave him down for around 24-25 days next season to keep the extra arb year.  That would be to cover the 20 days from this season, plus the "extra" 3-4 days between the difference of an ML service year and the length of the HBD season.  

I'd go with (time accrued this season + 5 days) just to be safe. 
4/26/2013 6:03 AM
I have a pretty good rotation as it is, tufft.  No worries about tanking.

Thanks tec.
4/26/2013 2:01 PM
moethetanker?
4/26/2013 2:40 PM
Dang it Mike, now my secret is out!

moe
4/26/2013 3:24 PM
TankerDog!
4/26/2013 3:34 PM
Late season call-up question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.