Can you promote someone too early? Topic

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jimmy Powell calls "bullshit" on being unable to improve at the BL level. 
5/5/2013 3:54 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Damaso Gandarillas will also chime in.

The simple fact of the matter is most of us don't put players in the bigs until their 4th season at the earliest.   Development has already slowed and will soon stop.   Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Fausto DeRojas was a high-priced IFA and started his career in the bigs.   The development pattern is the same as a player who goes from LoA to the bigs in 5 seasons, one step at a time.  
5/5/2013 4:07 PM
Stupid is stupid does the owner who feels he has to progress a player 1 step at a time.
5/5/2013 10:23 PM
I would think you put a player you really want to develop as high as he can go while ensuring he gets max ABs or innings.
5/5/2013 11:04 PM
Is there any way that spring training time could be hurtful to a prospect? Or is all spring training beneficial? 
5/8/2013 12:16 AM
Posted by dunkingchunk on 5/8/2013 12:16:00 AM (view original):
Is there any way that spring training time could be hurtful to a prospect? Or is all spring training beneficial? 
Well, he could get injured. Other that that, ST is good. Even if it ends up getting him fatigued to the point you need to rest him later in the season, the ST playing time with better coaches is supposed to be more helpful. It's still playing time though, to consider, not just spring training time (give him PA to help development).
5/8/2013 1:06 AM
Quick question for anyone.  I have a player at AAA I want to promote after the 20-21 day period to save a year of control.  The question is ... does he have to be on the "active" list at AAA for those 20 days to meet the 20 day requirement or can he be on the "inactive" list to prevent a random injury bug from hitting him.
5/10/2013 4:22 PM
No.  Just not in the majors.
5/10/2013 4:29 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 5/5/2013 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Stupid is stupid does the owner who feels he has to progress a player 1 step at a time.
Somewhat.

I will put the best player at the position in my system in the major leagues.

I haven't had that shiny #1 or IFA that says instant MLer, but I have promoted after 1 offseason.

I have seen in those cases the odd time where there's "I'm not ready" stats to open the career.  Martin Evert is the guy that comes immediately to mind.
5/10/2013 4:58 PM
Any chance the 5 point increase, across the board, could account for the fact he hit much better in his 2nd year?
5/10/2013 5:47 PM
Forget that. Not the point.

In the season he was a 500 something OPS, he didn't have .500 OPS ratings. Was it a "brought up too early" thing? I don't know. Not the first time I've seen it.
5/10/2013 6:08 PM
Point being, he got 400 PA.   And he hit more like his ratings his first year than you're willing to recognize.    His rating go up, his stats get better.

Rocket science **** here.
5/10/2013 6:20 PM
If you weren't so wrong, I'd agree with your point.
5/10/2013 8:55 PM
I'll try to say it differently, with small words, so you get it.

Average ratings, sans power, in OKC.   Weak results.
Better ratings, with more power, in OKC.  Better results.

SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/10/2013 9:07 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Can you promote someone too early? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.