Recruiting question for B- big 6 school Topic

I just landed the job at Louisville and I am headed into recruiting with a B- prestige. Will all recruits talk to me? Is there a cutoff where I may be a backup option? I didn't know if this was different since it is a big 6 conference rather than a mid major or small conference,

Thanks in advance!
4/26/2013 5:26 PM
i used to think all recruits would talk to a b-, but it seems since then sometimes a b- isnt enough. i cant remember when i first got to south carolina, if i could or not. at least all 4 stars can be recruited straight up, and i think most 5 stars, too - but i cant swear to it. might depend on your b-, i could see anything from all recruits being open, to all 5 stars being a backup (but i think that would be unlikely)... somewhere in there. hopefully someone else can give better info! its often tough in a rebuild to shoot for 5 stars, i usually use the first season to try to establish a minimum quality standard to get things kicked off (but i usually cut a lot and have lots of openings) - so you may have a season to figure it out, even if nobody can tell you exactly.
4/26/2013 5:39 PM
julius, my notes from recruiting say I had to pull down Villalon, who was the #27 PF (3 stars) in my last season, which was probably a slightly better B- FWIW.

ETA: This is working from revision history of my docs that I reuse from school to school, so the note about the pull down might have been carried over from whoever was in his "slot" when I was at Rutgers...
4/26/2013 5:53 PM
Congrats on getting that Louisville job GV.
4/26/2013 8:50 PM
Some guys will require a pull down. 3 stars and lesser recruits are all fair game. Some 4 stars will be game, 5 stars not too likely. Not positive but international 4's and 5's may be easier. If you have a 4 star stud in your backyard you are willing to go broke on it may be worth the investment risk of heavy scouting trips and scholly out of the gate. That's how I dealt with that issue in Colorado when I rebuilt them.
4/27/2013 3:40 AM
Recruiting question for B- big 6 school Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.