Hitters' vs. Pitchers' Parks Topic

I've played a bunch of SLB seasons and found that you can't win consistently in hitter friendly parks in that game. I am in my second season in Greenberg and am a .500 team at Camden Yards (pitcher friendly) after I had the second best home record in the NL last season while playing in Wrigley (hitter friendly).

Should I move my team back to Wrigley next season or stay the course at Camden and hope my hitters turn it around going forward?
4/26/2013 9:12 PM
I had average pitching in Koufax, but the #1 defense. In my pitcher's park in Wichita I went 50-31 at home and advanced standings shows me with the least amount of runs allowed in the AL. Again, with the average pitching.

My hitting strategy was high eye, and then power over 80+ but ultimately what has ended up working his very high base running and speed with low steal settings so I don't waste what base runners I do get on, and I try to run the bases well when balls are put in play.

I'm starting to formulate a personal belief good fielding hitters is a commodity and pitchers can always be bought. I'm going to start focusing on hitters and fielding, and just do the best I can with pitchers. The park really appreciates a good defense and the numbers show.

4/28/2013 2:00 PM (edited)
Hitters' vs. Pitchers' Parks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.