Who is the fool? Topic

Posted by dacj501 on 4/27/2013 11:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/27/2013 11:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by dacj501 on 4/27/2013 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by slicknick777 on 4/27/2013 2:11:00 PM (view original):
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's because he has only played 11 games.  His average for the entire season is only 6 mpg because he didn't play 3 games.  That should have been the CS response in my mind.
He has actually not played in 4 games, but he has played in every game (7) since he complained. In those 7 games he has logged 40, 8, 6, 7, 7, 3, and 6 minutes respectively.
So your player indicated he wanted 7 or 8 mins a game. In the next seven games, you didn't give him that three times. Now you're surprised he's complaining again, and you're taking offense to WIS's calm and rational explanation of why this isn't working out for you.

The continued use of these message boards as target practice for users aiming at Customer Service -- even when their responses are perfectly reasonable -- is just bizarre.
guess we disagree. fortunately we can do that and both express it in America. Thanks for your opinion.
You think the internet is "America"? That's interesting.
4/28/2013 12:56 AM
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/28/2013 12:56:00 AM (view original):
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think it's because he has only played 11 games.  His average for the entire season is only 6 mpg because he didn't play 3 games.  That should have been the CS response in my mind.
He has actually not played in 4 games, but he has played in every game (7) since he complained. In those 7 games he has logged 40, 8, 6, 7, 7, 3, and 6 minutes respectively.
So your player indicated he wanted 7 or 8 mins a game. In the next seven games, you didn't give him that three times. Now you're surprised he's complaining again, and you're taking offense to WIS's calm and rational explanation of why this isn't working out for you.

The continued use of these message boards as target practice for users aiming at Customer Service -- even when their responses are perfectly reasonable -- is just bizarre.
guess we disagree. fortunately we can do that and both express it in America. Thanks for your opinion.
About as interesting as you thinking that CS' responses were "perfectly rational" or "calm and rational".
4/28/2013 2:02 AM

I guess I did forget about the international reach of the Internet. I apologize for assuming you were in America if you are not, and if you are, I thank you for pointing out the error in my thinking just the same. If you come from a land that would prohibit you from expressing your perfectly acceptable although contrary opinion I would like to commend you for your bravery in doing so over such a seemingly trivial matter to someone suffering from what most would consider persecution of some sort, but perhaps its the only way you feel its safe due to your government's monitoring of other usage. Either way, I am in America, so I respect your right to disagree and express it as a basic human right, and so far not impinged by the US government in at best an over-reaction and at worst a concerted effort to tightened civil control in the presage to likely decays in the overall quality of life/unrest and possibly more as resentment over the way "things are" (whatever side of things you lean to, wherever you are, you are likely to see that things aren't 100% rosy and maybe eventually enough people will be unhappy that something changes -  if you are in a land where dissenting opinions are discouraged perhaps that day will come soon!), but I don't want to sully this fun game board up with too much seriousness and political debate. I just wanted to thank you for pointing out my error. 
4/28/2013 3:18 AM
FWIW:  Blackshear played 1 minute tonight as we won by 17, so I guess he can quit if he wants to. BTW, that 3 minutes was in an OT game, so I still don't know what I can do to increase minutes other than bumping him up a spot since there seems to be nothing about tempo or situation in common with the other games where he was at 6 or more. 
4/28/2013 3:30 AM
lmfao at the response from CS.. such a joke. 
4/28/2013 2:13 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/28/2013 3:18:00 AM (view original):

I guess I did forget about the international reach of the Internet. I apologize for assuming you were in America if you are not, and if you are, I thank you for pointing out the error in my thinking just the same. If you come from a land that would prohibit you from expressing your perfectly acceptable although contrary opinion I would like to commend you for your bravery in doing so over such a seemingly trivial matter to someone suffering from what most would consider persecution of some sort, but perhaps its the only way you feel its safe due to your government's monitoring of other usage. Either way, I am in America, so I respect your right to disagree and express it as a basic human right, and so far not impinged by the US government in at best an over-reaction and at worst a concerted effort to tightened civil control in the presage to likely decays in the overall quality of life/unrest and possibly more as resentment over the way "things are" (whatever side of things you lean to, wherever you are, you are likely to see that things aren't 100% rosy and maybe eventually enough people will be unhappy that something changes -  if you are in a land where dissenting opinions are discouraged perhaps that day will come soon!), but I don't want to sully this fun game board up with too much seriousness and political debate. I just wanted to thank you for pointing out my error. 
Heh, heh, touche.
4/29/2013 1:55 AM

*applause*
I will reiterate I miss having you as a conference mate!  
4/29/2013 5:34 AM

**clap, clap, clap**
4/29/2013 7:19 AM
So I decided to ask for clarification and it turns out it really is averages that matter. Here is the rest of the ticket exchange:

4/30/2013 12:42 AM dacj501
please forward this to seble for a review - I would like some confirmation regarding the issue of averages. I was also unaware that the collection of electrons that comprise this player had any actual feelings...

4/30/2013 2:09 PM Customer Support
Darryl,

The original response was not accurate. As you mention, it's the average minutes since the original message that matters. This actually exposed a bug. We discounted games where the player fouls out, so the 40 minute game was not being counted. I've changed it so that foul out games will be counted as long as they meet or exceed the amount that the player is expecting.

I've reverted the negative work ethic to your player and wiped out the history of him complaining, so you shouldn't have to worry about this situation in the future (unless he logs a new complaint).

4/30/2013 3:28 PM dacj501
thank you
4/30/2013 3:32 PM
that stupid discounting games with foul outs LATE in the game has gotten me before, but i just figured that was intentional, as seble said previously they dont count games where you foul out. i figured that cut both ways, but usually, in your favor? maybe not, not sure.

anyway, glad they changed that, it really ****** me off on once, had a guy lose half his work ethic but not transfer... he also was ineligible the second half so it was really weird but i felt he would have never complained in the first place if not for 2 games where he fouled out playing pretty many minutes, behind a starter who had foul trouble.
4/30/2013 3:53 PM
◂ Prev 123
Who is the fool? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.