"In Jeopardy" Question Topic

Received the job in jeopardy notification email letting me know administration is looking for conference championship. I have not had a lot of success in recent D1 position. 1 bowl in 4 seasons, wins have increased and roster is better but doubtful I can win conf. championship this season.  

Question is should I go ahead and apply for a lower level position, taking a step backwards, or stick it out?
4/28/2013 7:12 PM
I would stick it out.

Once they fire you, you will likely the job change after the firing be eligible for quite a few of the 1A jobs. It seems once the firing happens most guys are a desired commodity again. Go figure.

4/28/2013 7:18 PM
95%+ of the time, a bowl win will save your job. (There have been coaches that have been fired after winning a bowl though it is rare.)  IMO you should stay.  You will probably qualify for a better job getting fired from NC State then you would by applying for another.  If you drop down to a very good D1aa school for a season or two and move back up, it will improve your chances for a better job, IF you have solid success. (success= playoff appearances/win(s) and 10+ win seasons)
4/28/2013 7:30 PM
Thanks for the information. I think I will stick it out and see what happens.
4/29/2013 2:40 PM
"In Jeopardy" Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.