Idea for a theme league Topic

We should have revolving theme league with no salary cap for all the theme league teams that people have built only to have the team never play a game because the league did not fill. 

THAT would be an almost guaranteed league to fill up, since it would be the refuge of all homeless theme league teams. 

I know that I have set up a whole bunch of teams that never played - 1960s teams, 2 world series winners teams, no-HOFers teams, below .500 with one player from the same franchise twisted teams, etc. etc. 

To join the league, the owner would have to post the link to the team roster when it was in the league with the theme league name and founder name so it could be verified that it was actually created to be in a theme league that did not run. 

I propose it be called "The Island of Misfit Toys League."

Whatcha all think ?
4/29/2013 8:35 AM
Ya, I have a 255mil theme team that would fit great into that league!
4/29/2013 8:56 AM
No you don't BL. I just checked  - "no active teams". And yes, I get the point. Ok, everyone, there will be a salary cap for booger's teams. 

Ok, just kidding. This was not a practical suggestion, just a lament that probably many of us would have liked to have seen some team we built with love and attention actually play. Then reality kicked in and I was reminded that only some of us are here cause we love baseball. Others are here to find an outlet for all their need for world domination.
4/29/2013 9:24 AM
WIS uber alles!
4/29/2013 2:45 PM
I would be interested in a "make your own theme league".   If you put a cap on it (I suggest 80) it'll be fair enough.   Just have people declare their own restriction when they sign up.

I have always wanted to try running a team using only three pitchers.
Or a team with no total HR's and stick them in Coors.
Or an 1987 Mets Twist team.
Or the from NJ team.
Or the steroid era All Stars.
Or a team of just  HOF's.

I am game.

4/29/2013 2:58 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/29/2013 2:58:00 PM (view original):
I would be interested in a "make your own theme league".   If you put a cap on it (I suggest 80) it'll be fair enough.   Just have people declare their own restriction when they sign up.

I have always wanted to try running a team using only three pitchers.
Or a team with no total HR's and stick them in Coors.
Or an 1987 Mets Twist team.
Or the from NJ team.
Or the steroid era All Stars.
Or a team of just  HOF's.

I am game.

This has been an ongoing theme run by skunk206 for about 12 seasons.  He uses a higher cap (120MM I believe), and it seems to be on a bit of a hiatus at the moment.  But it's probably my favorite league, especially since the one restriction he places is no stat-based teams, which helps cut down the number of people whose theme essentially reads "players who are really good."
4/29/2013 4:37 PM

5/2/2013 8:08 PM
Rudolph leads off, the Abominable bats clean-up. The dentist is a good nickname for a relief pitcher !
5/3/2013 7:00 AM
Idea for a theme league Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.