Pull Down Phone Call Email... Topic

I'm new, but I've gotten the "Back Up" email from several D2 players who I've tried to Pull Down.

I just got an email from a guy saying that my school "Is a very long shot" right now.  Is that a "No" or a "back up" email response?  Any ideas?

Thanks!
4/29/2013 5:15 PM
Assuming this is also a response from a D2 player, are they within 70 miles of your school by any chance?  If so, it sounds like he can be recruited right now-no need to be pulled down.  *Some* players that show up on your D2 list that are within 70 miles of your school don't need to be pulled down-you can recruit them as if they were D3 players.  
4/29/2013 5:37 PM
What's the exact email, man...I'd be happy to take a look.
4/29/2013 7:59 PM
Here's the exact email.  Thanks guys!

Coach, I just can't say yes right now...which is a very polite way of saying you're a very long shot at this point.
4/29/2013 8:00 PM
So you just offered him a scholarship?  It seems to me that he's "available" to you, but they've been changing some of the messages around and I haven't seen this one before...guys can we get another couple sets of eyes on this?
4/29/2013 8:06 PM
Sounds like a you can recruit him right now message. And welcome to the game!
4/29/2013 8:08 PM
I've gotten this msg before, but in a different context. I agree he's recruitable right now. In the past context I've received the msg, it's been an indication that I am significantly behind a battle and in other times when the recruit was showing no one considering, I've taken it to mean he's willing, but I need to pony up a lot more cash to the cause.
4/29/2013 10:17 PM
Pull Down Phone Call Email... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.