Newbie Recruiting Question Topic

When I get a recruit to turn green, can he be poached by another coach?  If so, what do you do to insure against it until signing time?  Thanks for the help.
4/29/2013 5:51 PM
Yes, he can be, but as a general rule, I don't sink any more money into a green recruit until I have to (unless I need a face to face with the recruit). If a recruit does get poached, most of the time he won't turn red right away. You'll probably see him turn yellow first. That's when you sink more money into him. But someone with more experience than I can feel free to correct me if this is wrong.
4/29/2013 5:58 PM
Looks like you're doing pretty well there with MacMurray in Leahy!

But what mb625 says is correct, a human coach can jump on a recruit that you have green and turn him yellow.  I have never seen a guy go from green to red in one cycle, but i wouldn't be surprised that it could happen if you haven't spent a lot of money/effort on the guy and another coach comes in and does.

SIMs of course do all their recruiting early and wont jump a guy you have green.
4/29/2013 6:11 PM
Recruits can turn from green to red in one cycle...if you only have a few dollars invested.....lets say just one AC scout...which turned him green.  If the other coach sends a CV or more...then is definitely possible...its all about how much money changes hands in that cycle.

mb625 has the right advice I think.  Don't spend any more money than you have to...and don't battle unless you really have to (at D3 for sure).
5/2/2013 9:59 AM
Posted by harriswb3 on 5/2/2013 9:59:00 AM (view original):
Recruits can turn from green to red in one cycle...if you only have a few dollars invested.....lets say just one AC scout...which turned him green.  If the other coach sends a CV or more...then is definitely possible...its all about how much money changes hands in that cycle.

mb625 has the right advice I think.  Don't spend any more money than you have to...and don't battle unless you really have to (at D3 for sure).
"its all about how much money effort changes hands"  3 CVs at $2400 total will overcome 2 CVs at $2400 total.  That one additional CV can make the difference eventhough the same amount of $$$ was spent.
5/2/2013 10:49 AM
excellent clarification....
5/2/2013 12:51 PM
Is "CV"  a Campus Visit or Head Coach Visit?  Thanks.
5/3/2013 12:57 PM
Campus Visit
5/3/2013 2:33 PM
All you need is scouting visits and campus visits.... (Freshman start and playing time if you are going to start them anyway or are desperate.) Don't waste your money on anything else.
5/6/2013 9:50 PM
Newbie Recruiting Question Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.