75 Mil Cap Best Hockey City League (11 in) Topic

Posted by Poddy on 5/1/2013 6:10:00 PM (view original):

Is this by city or franchise,  If Franchise there are a few errors above.  If city then no worries
Devils/Scouts/Colorad Rockies are all one franchise.  Quebec and Colorado Avalanche are also 1 franchise,  Dallas Stars and Minnesota North Stars are also 1 franchise

I am in and will pick a franchise shortly
Cities. I immediately changed my mind after titling it haha. I couldnt change the title, but the name of the league in the theme league search is Best City in hockey. Sorry for the confusion
5/2/2013 11:31 AM
I'd like to switch to Washington Capitals
5/3/2013 4:03 PM
Posted by kiteport on 5/3/2013 4:03:00 PM (view original):
I'd like to switch to Washington Capitals
Done. And to help the league fill up faster, I will take a second team in the eastern conference with the New York Rangers (Unless anyone else wants them). Anyone else that wants to take a second team is encouraged to, just preferably make a team that will almost be gauranteed to be in the opposite region of your other team. I wont mark the New York Rangers off just yet, because if the league catches on, I dont want to hog another franchise in my own league.
5/4/2013 12:14 PM (edited)
I must add again, that more than half of the teams left I can't see anyone taking, like Nashville or Colombus. They just don't have the scoring nor defense to keep up with the Oilers, Pens, or Sabres, etc.

Without restrictions in place for SH% and D Rating and Goalies, I think this league will have a hard time filling up.

There's only three or four more teams left that could compete. The rest can't, however much I love this theme.

Maybe allow two of the same franchise? Alter the D rating and SH% (even then most of the teams can't compete).

Or start combining regions, like Florida teams. Who will draft the Coyotes? They don't have one 100+ player in their history; no 20+ SH% scorer. They would just get crushed.

Food for thought.

5/5/2013 2:55 PM
Posted by kiteport on 5/5/2013 2:55:00 PM (view original):
I must add again, that more than half of the teams left I can't see anyone taking, like Nashville or Colombus. They just don't have the scoring nor defense to keep up with the Oilers, Pens, or Sabres, etc.

Without restrictions in place for SH% and D Rating and Goalies, I think this league will have a hard time filling up.

There's only three or four more teams left that could compete. The rest can't, however much I love this theme.

Maybe allow two of the same franchise? Alter the D rating and SH% (even then most of the teams can't compete).

Or start combining regions, like Florida teams. Who will draft the Coyotes? They don't have one 100+ player in their history; no 20+ SH% scorer. They would just get crushed.

Food for thought.

I agree with kiteport. Since most the teams left will be stuck in a hard place competing with defensive ratings below 90's and no real scorers on team. I just tried to put together a Minnesota team and came up short with offense and defensive d-man.
5/5/2013 6:57 PM
Alright. In the case of florida, combined teams will probably be necessary. I will adjust that. What other franchises could be combined? I am reluctant to allow two teams for each franchise, but if that is really what is needed i'll do it. Maple leaf, was there really not any power for Minnesota between the wild and the north stars?
Edit: I combined Tampa Bay and Florida, and Hamilton and Ottawa. So maybe if the league continues not to fill, I'll allow 2 teams for any city that had more than one team play there (and each owner names their team after a different team, if they name their team something relevant to the city). That means Montreal, Toronto, etc would all have another team allowed for their city. How does that sound?

5/5/2013 9:21 PM (edited)
That might work. It's all about SH% and Def Rating.

5/6/2013 2:23 PM
I'll take Minnesota
5/6/2013 8:32 PM
Rules updated
5/8/2013 2:25 PM
Another idea... Though technically different, Islanders and Rangers could be grouped, that way more owners would use them. Even though it's Long Island and Manhattan, it's pretty close.

You could even throw NJ in there, but that's a different state, though just across the river.

5/9/2013 9:15 AM
St.louis please
5/9/2013 3:07 PM
This is a great theme. But need more incentives to fill it out. Sign o the SIM times.
5/14/2013 10:24 PM
It's true. I'll still give it a little longer of course.
5/19/2013 7:23 PM
this one looks dead boys
6/4/2013 11:11 AM
change some of the rules. lower the sh% and d rating. make the theme more competitive.
6/5/2013 1:18 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
75 Mil Cap Best Hockey City League (11 in) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.