All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Norbert: Freshman-Promised FT/Start Persists
4/30/2013 1:36 PM
I was setting up my Depth Charts for Season 3 of Craven, when I noticed in the "Player Settings" page that PT/Start that I promised to last season's recruits have persisted through the season rollover, which should've wiped them out (other than Promised Soph Start, which I understand the persistence).
4/30/2013 6:55 PM
I think it just shows when you promised the start not that he is actually expecting starts.
4/30/2013 8:13 PM
Posted by norbert on 4/30/2013 6:55:00 PM (view original):
I think it just shows when you promised the start not that he is actually expecting starts.
That's a little confusing, then. Because what if THIS season, I promise some subset of incoming recruits various PT/Start situations.  How will I then know which promises were in effect NOW and which were just old, stale promises that were no longer required to be in effect?
4/30/2013 9:52 PM
but doesn't it show promised start under the freshman column only? and if the kid is now a sophomore you would know not to start him. Its a good tool to track your recruiting habits.
4/30/2013 9:54 PM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 4/30/2013 9:52:00 PM (view original):
but doesn't it show promised start under the freshman column only? and if the kid is now a sophomore you would know not to start him. Its a good tool to track your recruiting habits.
sorry my dyslexia kicked in.  meant to say freshman under promised start column.etc.
5/1/2013 11:19 AM
Posted by gt_deuce on 4/30/2013 8:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by norbert on 4/30/2013 6:55:00 PM (view original):
That's a little confusing, then. Because what if THIS season, I promise some subset of incoming recruits various PT/Start situations.  How will I then know which promises were in effect NOW and which were just old, stale promises that were no longer required to be in effect?
Yeah, we probably need to clean that up in the PT situation definitely.  The PS will show you Fr or So, so you know which season you promised the starts and it also shows the kid's current class.  Is that enough to keep it straight, or do we need to do something like bold the active PS?  I think you still want to see which Freshmen you promised starts to for their Sophomore year, and you can also see the history of PS for your players.  I could see maybe dropping the PS if it's past it's season, like don't show a So PS on a Junior.  What would you guys like to see for those?
5/5/2013 11:26 PM
I'm with GT.  The PT was very confusing.  I actually thought it was a game bug since it was still on the books.  Drop the old PT once the season ends.  
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Norbert: Freshman-Promised FT/Start Persists

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.