"Personalized" starting pitchers Topic

Hey everybody, trying my first SL team in years (no longer have the email for my old account). I want to try something new for my pitchers -- trying to assemble 7-10 guys from 100-225 IP, then changing the rotation manually to create good matchups for my team.

My thinking is that many people don't diversify their offense all that much if they're playing in a non-neutral park. In particular, I bet teams these days are building with Addie Joss and Ed Summers in mind, which would mean that there are a lot  of lineups without any HR power to speak of. There might also be a handful of teams in hitters' parks who punt on walks as well. Finally, I might also be facing station-to-station teams who don't make good contact.

So I'm thinking that I could draft a few guys who would perform poorly against random teams, but if matched up with the right team and park could be really good. There are lots of guys with terrible HR/9 but great OAV# who could mow down the Coleman/Roberts/Dilone teams, as well as high BB/9# but low OAV and HR, and high OAV but good BB and HR (dime a dozen in the dead ball era).

Anyone try something similar? How did it go?

4/30/2013 2:07 PM
We ran a platoon league a while back in which no starter could have more than, I think 220 IP, and though my team sucked in quality, it was relatively immune to fatigue. I think one crucial thing is to draft high IP/G all around for the low IP/162 pitchers so that you have the flexibility to use them as both starters and relievers.
4/30/2013 7:26 PM
"Personalized" starting pitchers Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.