Guaranteeing Minutes Topic

I must have accidentally guaranteed minutes to a guy that I just signed, and I intended to redshirt him. I could've signed him without the minutes, but I guess I got things mixed up. If I redshirt him, does he definitely transfer?
4/30/2013 2:51 PM
i dont think so, i think his work ethic will take a massive hit though and usually that makes it not worth it. i dont think he will consider his promises broken though, if you do that. at least, it didnt used to be that way, but seble has changed stuff in that area not too long ago.
4/30/2013 3:50 PM
I've done it a few times if I only have 1 senior and want to carryover max money for the next season. Each time the kd's WE have plummeted but he has always come back for the next season.  Most of the time seniors are just about maxxed out anyway so the WE drop isn't that big a concern...
4/30/2013 4:10 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 4/30/2013 4:10:00 PM (view original):
I've done it a few times if I only have 1 senior and want to carryover max money for the next season. Each time the kd's WE have plummeted but he has always come back for the next season.  Most of the time seniors are just about maxxed out anyway so the WE drop isn't that big a concern...
i think hes talking about a FR, while you are talking about a SR, not sure what the relation is. players almost never transfer after being unhappy about a redshirt, i dont actually know if they ever do. but promises change the equation (although i think the end result is they still stay, but im not sure)
4/30/2013 4:22 PM
somehow that got put in the wrong thread...I thought I was in the senior RS thread somehow...

In this case, the player won't transfer immediately, but will at the end of the season. 
4/30/2013 4:34 PM
oh really? interesting
4/30/2013 4:40 PM
Posted by coach_billyg on 4/30/2013 4:40:00 PM (view original):
oh really? interesting
well, I think he will quit. Here is from change log:
12/30/2009
Closed the loophole of redshirting a player to avoid fulfilling recruiting promises. Players who were promised minutes or a starting spot will always be angry now if a coach redshirts them. Also, redshirted players will now be included in the pool of players who may complain if they're not getting their promised minutes/starting spot.

So if you redshirted him he would 100% get angry, but sometimes when a kid gets angry if his WE was high the loss is acceptable, and the kid will be forced to accept the reshirt. If the kid has recruiting promises of starts or minutes though he will still check at the quarterpole checkpoints (or whenever they are) where players who haven't gotten their promises met complain. When this happens the player's WE drops (again) and there is a good chance (it might be automatic, I am not sure. I have occasionally broken recruiting promises and the player has always left) the player will quit the team at season's end. Rarely, when a player quits, a buddy on the team will quit too in solidarity. This will usually be your best returning player, because of course...

5/1/2013 6:08 AM
Guaranteeing Minutes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.