I'm at D3 in Knight and have a list of recruits to pull down. I got in a couple of battles that I won but ran out of money before I filled every scholarship. I looked at the pretty long list of undecided potential dropdowns and decided that I want to recruit late next season. I'd rather wait for a day or two and see who is available.

But here's my question... That same list of undecideds early this morning has almost every recruit considering a D2 Sim school now. Let's say I had enough money to throw at one of those recruits, would a D2 Sim still have jumped on him? Or are there Sim programs that wait until the very end to jump on only the undecided recruits? Several of the D2 schools are in locations like Hawaii... are those D2 Sims just waiting til the end to avoid battles?

If I had the money, could I have offered one of those dropdowns this morning, got on his considering list and avoided a battle with Sim or would have Sim have jumped on the recruit whether or not he was already considering my school?

5/1/2013 9:17 PM
I believe that sims put all of their recruiting effort in prior to the first cycle, and thats it. Also, they all recruit from a distance of (I think) 200 miles. To that end, it appears that the sim initially put forth effort on the recruit, but not enough to get on the considering list.  When nobody else put forth enough effort, the recruit got desperate and started considering the sim.  If you had put in more effort than the sim, and could actually recruit the player, you would have shown up on the list. Not sure if the sim would have still, or not.
5/1/2013 9:39 PM
For whatever reason, be it credit from the opening cycle or new efforts, sims make a final push on the last day at I believe it's the 5pm eastern cycle(???) and end up on a lot of previously undecided players. I've never seen a sim jump on a player considering a human at that point though so I'm guessing the answer is no, though I admit to rarely be paying attention to recruiting at this stage of the game.
5/1/2013 10:22 PM
Is today the last day of recruiting in Knight?  I *think* simmy puts in another round of effort at the 10am (CST) cycle of recruiting to fill the remaining spots on their roster.  For example, if a sim had 3 openings and 3 recruits considering them cycle 1 of recruiting but humans took 2 of simmy's recruits, then they put forth more effort at the end of recruiting to fill their roster.
5/1/2013 10:25 PM
OK, "players" are programmed to favor playing at a higher level, so it takes some heavy effort to pull down a D2 player that is considering a D2 sim.  Sims go first; they have no geographical disadvantage even if the player is 3000 miles away.  You hear varying opinions on whether the sim spends all the money they are going to spend on a player early or if it has a little left over for a late effort.   If the guy is a priority for them, good luck.  Sims will, often as not, have a couple of walk ons, anyway, so they probably toss a lot of effort into their priority players.  Plus, there is some multiplier effect for early money.  The WOTS might tell you if the sim is solid or not.  If the sim is solid, look elsewhere, for sure; if not, proceed at your own risk.  And it is easy to break your budget fruitlessly chasing.  Been there, done that.
5/1/2013 10:39 PM
Posted by jsajsa on 5/1/2013 10:22:00 PM (view original):
For whatever reason, be it credit from the opening cycle or new efforts, sims make a final push on the last day at I believe it's the 5pm eastern cycle(???) and end up on a lot of previously undecided players. I've never seen a sim jump on a player considering a human at that point though so I'm guessing the answer is no, though I admit to rarely be paying attention to recruiting at this stage of the game.
Alright jsajsa, I'm going to take your word on this one. But if I save all my money for a couple stud recruits at the very end and a D2 Sim steals them away from me, I'm gonna come after you! Haha.
5/1/2013 11:09 PM
I was working on a player on the second to last day of recruiting in Knight, and a higher level sim showed up on him. Sims appear to put in effort at multiple times during recruiting.
5/2/2013 12:10 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.