Scholarship message lie? Topic

I like your informative posts emy, but not your attitude:
"So now that you've been properly informed on what that quote meant, think you guys can relax just a bit?  Yes, there HAS been a change.  In fact, I agreed that there was a problem earlier in the thread.  Great, great job reading into something that was totally wrong there detective.  Made me lose just a little faith in our men in blue. "

care less what faith you have in anything...you deleted your post because again as this post shows were acting superior
5/4/2013 12:28 AM (edited)
Posted by taniajane on 5/4/2013 12:28:00 AM (view original):
I like your informative posts emy, but not your attitude:
"So now that you've been properly informed on what that quote meant, think you guys can relax just a bit?  Yes, there HAS been a change.  In fact, I agreed that there was a problem earlier in the thread.  Great, great job reading into something that was totally wrong there detective.  Made me lose just a little faith in our men in blue. "

care less what faith you have in anything...you deleted your post because again as this post shows were acting superior
Oh really, and you weren't?  Let me refresh your memory a bit.  "Fact, you haven't seen it" or how about "Apparently you don't know".  Think maybe you might have been acting just a little "superior" yourself there?  I'll be the kettle, but you've gotta be the pot.  Don't call me out for being superior when you did the exact same thing there Mr. Jane.  You want to label me as trying to be superior?  Hey, fine, I can accept that.  But to do that, you've got to own up to your OWN remarks.  Otherwise, it's just being a hypocrite.  Which way is it?  Oh, and by the way, you could care less about my faith and I don't give a damn what you think about my attitude.  How's that for square?

Also a bit comical to me that even after I explained what the comment meant, and that you had interpreted it wrong, YOU still weren't big enough to apologize for YOUR misunderstanding of it and YOUR smartass responses to it.  So, again, am I the only one acting "superior" here?  Once again, I'll accept that "superior" label, but only if you put on your name tag too.  Just a heads up, whatever you decide to answer is up to you, of course, but I'm not going to respond any further in this thread.  I explained what the statement meant and that it had been misinterpreted (and badly at that).  No sense carrying this on any further, the statement has been clarified for what it was, end of story from this end.  Have a great night.
5/4/2013 1:29 AM (edited)
Lol this escalated quickly. Soooo how long do tickets usually sit around "in progress" before a response is given.
5/4/2013 1:21 AM
Oh man Taco, I've had them take three or four days sometimes.
5/4/2013 1:28 AM
Ah, I guess I should stop looking then lol
5/4/2013 1:59 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 5/3/2013 11:34:00 PM (view original):
Posted by poncho0091 on 5/3/2013 12:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by taniajane on 5/3/2013 12:17:00 AM (view original):
Fact I have found sims are acting differently......people can joke about "I love it when guys give advice on things that they have absolutely no experience with.  Love it."

That is not been my expierence or many others here lately...they will battle later...even if not considered, fact you have not seen it....shrugs....apparantly you dont know it.
Thank you taniajane, they can say someone has no experience and criticize, but the fact of the matter is that it does happen now regardless of whether it happened before. I've had guys I was leading on and ran out of money only to see sim come back later and get him. I'm sure the lead was slim, but still the same result.

BillyG, I understand what it says in the FAQ that all sim spending is in the first cycle, but is it possible it is out of date? 
The quote Taniajane was responding to was mine and had absolutely NOTHING to do with the way Sims recruit.  None.  I deleted it because I really didn't want to get into a ******* contest over nothing, but since it has been so badly misinterpreted, here's the answer.

The quote about "giving advice on things they have absolutely no experience with" was directed at a coach who was giving advice on recruiting at a particular level, when he's never had a team at that particular level, not for a single day, let alone enough seasons to know what recruiting at that level is all about.  Didn't have a THING to do with Sim recruiting.  None.

So now that you've been properly informed on what that quote meant, think you guys can relax just a bit?  Yes, there HAS been a change.  In fact, I agreed that there was a problem earlier in the thread.  Great, great job reading into something that was totally wrong there detective.  Made me lose just a little faith in our men in blue.  Makes it even worse that Poncho is "thanking him" for something that was totally *** backward.  So, no, my quote was not incorrect and here you sit "thanking him" for trying to be a smartass, "shrugs", "fact you have not seen it", "apparently (I'll go ahead and spell it right) you don't know", all while he's absolutely butchering the meaning of the statement.  Abso-frickin-lutely AWESOME Sherlock!!!  Shrugs....birds of a feather......shrugs again.....apparently SOMEONE doesn't know, but guess what.......(whispers just loud enough to be heard).......it ain't me....shrugs one last time and mumbles under his breath.....if he can dick that simple statement up THAT BAD, I hope he wasn't REALLY a cop......rolls eyes......have a nice night (and don't read too deeply into that one Einstein, that's for real).   
Damn emy, you say to relax, then proceed to act like a dick. I didn't see what you had posted and was not directing anything at you at all. My response was directly to the use of the comment, because that is not the first time someone has said something similar to that when there are times when its just a case of something you may not have seen yourself. There are other times when the statement is applied with good reason. If you wanted to clarify what you wanted, then do so without being a douche. Dont delete your posts and there will not be misunderstandings. What else do you think I'm going to apply the statement to if I don't have another post to reference it to.

Sorry taco for us getting off topic. Won't happen again.
5/5/2013 12:35 AM (edited)
So customer service was as flabbergasted as most of us, "I can't see why Coachman didn't sign with your team."

For everyone who said that this scenario makes sense, apparently that is not so.

5/7/2013 4:55 PM
Posted by tacokisses on 5/7/2013 4:55:00 PM (view original):
So customer service was as flabbergasted as most of us, "I can't see why Coachman didn't sign with your team."

For everyone who said that this scenario makes sense, apparently that is not so.

very interesting... anything insightful at all in their response? did you ask/did they say if the sim spent more money?
5/7/2013 5:07 PM
hey, does anyone know where that thread is, where someone lost a battle they were winning, and the other coach swore they didnt spend anything, and the CS responded that sometimes scholarship messages, at really high levels, can be positive both ways?
5/7/2013 5:09 PM
All they did was ask me if I withdrew any offers or stuff like that. After I told them that after my scholarship message I did absolutely nothing concerning that player, they had absolutely no explanation for why he signed with the SIM. They would have just given me the player if the season hadn't started, unfortunately it took them 5 days to respond so yea...
5/7/2013 5:22 PM
Does anyone know if you always get a Scholarship message if you pull into the lead in a tight battle?
5/17/2013 9:00 AM
Posted by coach_billyg on 5/7/2013 5:09:00 PM (view original):
hey, does anyone know where that thread is, where someone lost a battle they were winning, and the other coach swore they didnt spend anything, and the CS responded that sometimes scholarship messages, at really high levels, can be positive both ways?
On page 2 of this thread, bow2dacowz shows a ticket response that says that sometimes both teams in a battle can get similar scholarship messages.
5/17/2013 2:51 PM
Posted by dedelman on 5/17/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
On page 2 of this thread, bow2dacowz shows a ticket response that says that sometimes both teams in a battle can get similar scholarship messages.
Hi,
I have a recruiting issue/question that I need to have seble look at please.

I currently am one of two teams being considered by Michael Rushing, a center from Ohio. At 11 am today (5/10) I got the latest scholarship email from the player (I hadn't taken any action since yesterday). Here is the scholarship email I got at 11 am:

To: Coach dacj501
Subject: Full-Ride Offer

Sent: 05/10/2013 11:01AM

Coach, thanks for the scholarship offer - I wish I could sign right now!

Michael Rushing

Yet at 2:12 pm today (5/10) FSS updated and it says "'Word on the Street' as of 5/10 2:12 pm EDT: Our sources are saying that he's definitely leaning towards playing at Lewis."

My question is how can I get that leading scholarship message and FSS show I am clearly behind?
5/11/2013 11:27 AM Customer Support
Darryl,

The scholarship messages are based on the recruits interest level in that school. The message you got indicates an extreme level of interest. It's possible for a player to have that level of interest in more than one school. So you may get that message without truly being in the lead. 

The FSS message should always be trusted, although it's important to note when it was last updated.

now, this clearly sounds like bullshit to me, so either A. This wasn't forwarded to seble like I asked; B. it was and seble is a fool, or C. recruiting has a bug in it somewhere and no one at WiS gives a **** and just keeps feeding stupid answers to us hoping we'll just shut up and enter our credit card numbers repeatedly...

ETA: I suppose there's also D. the response is correct, and recruiting does not work like 99% of us think it does/has for years...

Edited Again: I know that I got the email at 11 and then another cycle ran at 2 before the FSS update that showed me clearly behind. I got no new scholarship message at 2 pm though...

If the response is correct, I guess we can only really know if we are leading a battle twice a day now, and only if we FSS the player, AND only if he actually has a clear preference...

5/18/2013 2:44 AM (edited)
Posted by dacj501 on 5/18/2013 2:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dedelman on 5/17/2013 2:51:00 PM (view original):
Hi,
I have a recruiting issue/question that I need to have seble look at please.

I currently am one of two teams being considered by Michael Rushing, a center from Ohio. At 11 am today (5/10) I got the latest scholarship email from the player (I hadn't taken any action since yesterday). Here is the scholarship email I got at 11 am:

To: Coach dacj501
Subject: Full-Ride Offer

Sent: 05/10/2013 11:01AM

Coach, thanks for the scholarship offer - I wish I could sign right now!

Michael Rushing

Yet at 2:12 pm today (5/10) FSS updated and it says "'Word on the Street' as of 5/10 2:12 pm EDT: Our sources are saying that he's definitely leaning towards playing at Lewis."

My question is how can I get that leading scholarship message and FSS show I am clearly behind?
5/11/2013 11:27 AM Customer Support
Darryl,

The scholarship messages are based on the recruits interest level in that school. The message you got indicates an extreme level of interest. It's possible for a player to have that level of interest in more than one school. So you may get that message without truly being in the lead. 

The FSS message should always be trusted, although it's important to note when it was last updated.

now, this clearly sounds like bullshit to me, so either A. This wasn't forwarded to seble like I asked; B. it was and seble is a fool, or C. recruiting has a bug in it somewhere and no one at WiS gives a **** and just keeps feeding stupid answers to us hoping we'll just shut up and enter our credit card numbers repeatedly...

ETA: I suppose there's also D. the response is correct, and recruiting does not work like 99% of us think it does/has for years...

Edited Again: I know that I got the email at 11 and then another cycle ran at 2 before the FSS update that showed me clearly behind. I got no new scholarship message at 2 pm though...

If the response is correct, I guess we can only really know if we are leading a battle twice a day now, and only if we FSS the player, AND only if he actually has a clear preference...

its still hard to accept how pathetic a response this is
5/21/2013 4:39 PM
◂ Prev 1234
Scholarship message lie? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.