signing ineligible players Topic

i have signed an ineligible player (first time).  a DII school. is it a forgone conclusion that he goes juco next year?
5/2/2013 1:18 PM
You'll find out at the end of recruiting if he goes JUCO (this year) or sits on your bench as an inelligible. I've been told that the more you spend on him, the better chances he doesn't go JUCO. 
5/2/2013 1:19 PM
If he goes JUCO, you can still sign him next year. In fact, he may be  considering you from the very beginning. However, the recruiting distance is calculated from his new school, not from his hometown
5/2/2013 1:53 PM
well i didnt spend a whole lot......thanks for the responses.
5/2/2013 2:48 PM
Posted by dennis4485 on 5/2/2013 2:48:00 PM (view original):
well i didnt spend a whole lot......thanks for the responses.
You can still get him if you didn't spend much. I gave an ineligible a phone call, three scouting trips, a HV, and a scholly and he showed up. Under $1000 spent total.
5/2/2013 5:24 PM

Many seasons ago, a coach named Porkpower started a thread complaining about the fact that he had spent almost $35000 on a recruit, while he was coaching at Kansas, and the recruit going JuCo.  To beat all, the recruit had Kansas listed as his favorite school.  Still didn't get him to show.  I can't count on both my hands and feet, your hands and feet, and probably the guy down the road's hands and feet, how many guys I've signed with just a scholarship, phone call, and promise.  $120, easy money.

5/2/2013 11:21 PM
If an inelligible were to go Juco, when would that occur? The beginning of exhibition season or regular season?
5/3/2013 2:32 PM
You'll know as soon as the recruiting season is over.  The same day as the NBA draft.
5/3/2013 2:35 PM
ty ws wondering...never had one either before but he still on bench..perhaps he can be the mascot this year
5/3/2013 2:41 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 5/2/2013 11:21:00 PM (view original):

Many seasons ago, a coach named Porkpower started a thread complaining about the fact that he had spent almost $35000 on a recruit, while he was coaching at Kansas, and the recruit going JuCo.  To beat all, the recruit had Kansas listed as his favorite school.  Still didn't get him to show.  I can't count on both my hands and feet, your hands and feet, and probably the guy down the road's hands and feet, how many guys I've signed with just a scholarship, phone call, and promise.  $120, easy money.

I usually don't even call.
5/3/2013 3:02 PM
I've never had an INEL not show up, but I've only recruited 3 or 4 and overall I don't like recruiting them...I sometimes negatively refer to them as fuckINELs lol
5/4/2013 10:10 AM
they are about 10/10 showing up for me
5/4/2013 10:43 AM
I'm curious if anyone knows if recruiting money or effort matters at all? I've recruited 3, and only 1 showed, he was one of my best players in D2. I don't remember how much I spent on each. I think how many players you have at their position plays a role but not sure and don't know why that would matter if they are ineligible.
5/4/2013 11:42 AM
Posted by jawivdotorg on 5/4/2013 11:42:00 AM (view original):
I'm curious if anyone knows if recruiting money or effort matters at all? I've recruited 3, and only 1 showed, he was one of my best players in D2. I don't remember how much I spent on each. I think how many players you have at their position plays a role but not sure and don't know why that would matter if they are ineligible.
With a small sample size, recruiting effort has definitely mattered. I've had a few not show up but they were mostly when i ddn't put in much effort, they've shown up every time i've put a solid amount of effort in. BTW you may want to recruit better ATH and DEF.
5/4/2013 12:22 PM (edited)
Long ago, I asked in a developer chat or asked support and was told effort does matter.

Other things that matter are

- random luck 

- how strong a prospect the kid is

- how strong a program you have - a kid who is thrilled to get a phone call from you is more likely to enroll than one who you can just barely get to talk with you

5/4/2013 12:44 PM
signing ineligible players Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.