5/5/2013 10:15 AM
Another thing I have noticed is all quarterbacks have the same results in performance.  Game Instinct and technique appear to be meaningless in 3 for all players.
5/5/2013 1:57 PM
Recruiting is NOT the same in 3.0 as it is in 2.0. It's harder to knock SIMS off, human coaches are able to get on the considering list no matter how little they spend etc etc etc. Funny how in 2.0 when you try to go after a recruit that already has human coaches on him they tell you "sorry i'm already considering enough schools" but in 3.0 it ain't like that. The coaches who have been recruiting players since day 1knocking SIMS off get punished for it. I guess the way to recruit in 3.0 is to WAIT and let other coaches spend their budget knocking off SIMS then go after them. Sorry, but to me and MOST coaches i know, thas shady as F**K!
5/5/2013 2:22 PM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 5/5/2013 10:09:00 AM (view original):
I like 2 much more.  This is a completely different game.  Where are the pds on defense?  Game Instinct and Technique are meaningless for dbs and lbs in 3.  It seems like tackling is the main thing in this version.  I had a safety who was a 60 gi and 60 technique, he had Zero pds on the season!!!  I'm still gonna play, but I'll probably recruit different kinds of players.
EXACTLY, it's not even the same game anymore! 2.0 was NOT that bad to where it needed a COMPLETE OVERHAUL. Maybe tweak things here and there but not completely change the layout, that's what's frustrating more than anything. MOST coaches are USED to the layout and drop downs of 2.0. In 3.0, there's too many places for depth charts. Player Settings, Depth Chart, Position Roles, and custom playbooks. If something is off with 1 of those 4, the whole game gets screwed up and you can't win. I feel sorry for the programmers who think 3.0 is gonna KEEP current coaches. The coaches who haven't been doing the beta will quit when they are forced to play it this way, due to frustration and the TIME it takes.
5/5/2013 4:19 PM (edited)
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 5/5/2013 10:09:00 AM (view original):
I like 2 much more.  This is a completely different game.  Where are the pds on defense?  Game Instinct and Technique are meaningless for dbs and lbs in 3.  It seems like tackling is the main thing in this version.  I had a safety who was a 60 gi and 60 technique, he had Zero pds on the season!!!  I'm still gonna play, but I'll probably recruit different kinds of players.
Why do you comment like it's a finished product? It's not. He just made a big improvement to offensive passing at the start of the second season playoffs-we just started recruiting for season 3. And he'll continue to make adjustments based on feedback.

Are pds low? Probably. Are pds low in 2.0?-of course-I guess you forgot to ***** about that.

What was the speed of your 60/60 safety?
5/5/2013 4:19 PM
Posted by tarrin on 5/5/2013 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Recruiting is NOT the same in 3.0 as it is in 2.0. It's harder to knock SIMS off, human coaches are able to get on the considering list no matter how little they spend etc etc etc. Funny how in 2.0 when you try to go after a recruit that already has human coaches on him they tell you "sorry i'm already considering enough schools" but in 3.0 it ain't like that. The coaches who have been recruiting players since day 1knocking SIMS off get punished for it. I guess the way to recruit in 3.0 is to WAIT and let other coaches spend their budget knocking off SIMS then go after them. Sorry, but to me and MOST coaches i know, thas shady as F**K!
Your comments make no sense. I don't see any difference in the recruiting aspect of the game. There are changes to help in evaluating which players to go after. But not the recruiting aspect.

And if it costs coach A a certain amount of money to knock off a sim, coach B can't simply go in and then knock that coach off with a little bit of $, they will still have to spend more than coach A. Now, they could go after another recruit-but how is that any different than if a coach sees 2 human coaches battling?

As for "shady" recruiting, I played 1.0 under an old user name-and the idea of coaches waiting a day for other coaches to spend there money is one of many tactics used. In GD 1.0, when worlds had 75% human coaches, there were some real battles. It wasn't like knocking off a SIM, human owners come back at you and defend. If recruiting started on a Fri at 12 noon. The first wave was the guys getting in then. The 2nd wave was the guys starting Fri. eve, 3rd wave was the guys that hit at 3 AM (when you go to bed with green players and then wake up and there red). 4th wave was the battles all day Sat. The 5th wave was the late night guys that hit Sat night/Sun morn at 3AM, when they think everyone has used up there $.

Next your going to say that a school, 300 miles away, has dibs on a recruit that is only 10 miles away from me-because he was the first to spend money. Come on.

The only time I would say it's "shady" is when someone tries to grab a recruit with only a couple recruiting cycles until signing period starts (the 6 am/9 am cycle before signing). I've actually had a player green at the 9am cycle, and when the next cycle came (signing period) the player actually signed elsewhere.

5/5/2013 6:24 PM
Pds are not low in 2.0.  I have had several games where I have pded my opponents 10+ times in 1 game.  Now if you get 1 per game  you're happy.  How do you stop anyone in 3.0?  Plus you can't even play any test games cuz It doesn't even work.  To me,  3.0 is getting worse not better.  This is much more random than 2.0.
5/5/2013 10:03 PM
Posted by ahrens on 5/4/2013 11:50:00 AM (view original):
People complained that 2.0 was random. The way to stop this randomness is give more options to users. If you want less options, you will have more randomness. Once they get the engine working, I'm certain they will figure out how to make the game as simple or complex as you want. I'm sure of it. But not everybody is going to be happy., that's a fact. You have to do the thing that makes the most people happy and live with it.

It may take more time to set your gameplan now, but it will eliminate the random results and allow you to exploit advantages more.
The randomness has not been eliminated. It may be worse.
5/5/2013 10:09 PM
Posted by hazing on 5/5/2013 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tarrin on 5/5/2013 1:57:00 PM (view original):
Your comments make no sense. I don't see any difference in the recruiting aspect of the game. There are changes to help in evaluating which players to go after. But not the recruiting aspect.

And if it costs coach A a certain amount of money to knock off a sim, coach B can't simply go in and then knock that coach off with a little bit of $, they will still have to spend more than coach A. Now, they could go after another recruit-but how is that any different than if a coach sees 2 human coaches battling?

As for "shady" recruiting, I played 1.0 under an old user name-and the idea of coaches waiting a day for other coaches to spend there money is one of many tactics used. In GD 1.0, when worlds had 75% human coaches, there were some real battles. It wasn't like knocking off a SIM, human owners come back at you and defend. If recruiting started on a Fri at 12 noon. The first wave was the guys getting in then. The 2nd wave was the guys starting Fri. eve, 3rd wave was the guys that hit at 3 AM (when you go to bed with green players and then wake up and there red). 4th wave was the battles all day Sat. The 5th wave was the late night guys that hit Sat night/Sun morn at 3AM, when they think everyone has used up there $.

Next your going to say that a school, 300 miles away, has dibs on a recruit that is only 10 miles away from me-because he was the first to spend money. Come on.

The only time I would say it's "shady" is when someone tries to grab a recruit with only a couple recruiting cycles until signing period starts (the 6 am/9 am cycle before signing). I've actually had a player green at the 9am cycle, and when the next cycle came (signing period) the player actually signed elsewhere.

I see no change either. The biggest difference probably just stems from there being more human coaches around in general, since we are less spread out than established worlds at this point. Sims are sometimes tough to knock off, but no worse than before really.
5/5/2013 10:14 PM
One thing about recruiting I noticed and being new I'm going by what I was told not experience.  I had a player green next cycle he was red.  I dropped a load on him and next cycle he was green again.  I was told he would go yellow for at least one cycle.  Both coaches were across country so no advantage in mileage.  

The text game thing I swapped from Chrome to IE and pretty much fixed it for me.  20 test games only 1 error.
5/5/2013 11:23 PM
Posted by johnnyluv151 on 5/5/2013 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Pds are not low in 2.0.  I have had several games where I have pded my opponents 10+ times in 1 game.  Now if you get 1 per game  you're happy.  How do you stop anyone in 3.0?  Plus you can't even play any test games cuz It doesn't even work.  To me,  3.0 is getting worse not better.  This is much more random than 2.0.
Just checked Huntingdon (#10) vs Albright (#25)
Passing: 69 attempts vs 53 attempts-each team had 6 pd's-That's normal for that kind of pass offense? Not in my books.
5/6/2013 12:42 AM
Pds are getting a little better.  It could be that the team I'm running and playing against are sorry compared to my Westminster teams.
5/6/2013 7:05 PM
randomness has been toned down significantly when teams are not matched up well and one team is significantly better. If they are close, it is more random. I agree with both outcomes. 
5/7/2013 2:04 AM
IMO, right now, 1.0>2.0>3.0.

3.0 is far from a finished product, so there's still the possibility of 3.0 being a good game when all is said and done.  Hopefully it gets to be better than 1.0 before it loses it's audience.   
5/10/2013 9:21 AM
Posted by tigerpark135 on 5/3/2013 5:18:00 PM (view original):
2.0 was better than 1.0 in the aspect that it did not represent football from the Jim Thorpe era. But it sucks in terms of functionality.  3.0 is going to be the best. So far, very enjoyable, intriguing, and rewards creativity and dedication. 
Running the QB 70 times in a game with 6 passes thrown isn't being creative, I see it as exploiting the set up. I understand this is a beta and injuries aren't turned on but hopefully they close the loopholes.
5/10/2013 11:31 PM
Everyone does realize that this "new" engine is just a rewrite of 2.0 right?

We should have known that it would be a mess of a train wreck. How insanely stupid not to have trashed that thing and started over from square one.

of 3

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.