Ballpark selection hilltop Topic

This topic may have been discussed before, but I couldn't find it. I'd like to build a team for hilltop park, but am not sure how to do it. Is there a pitching stat that is especially effective for countering the plus 3s for singles, doubles and triples? Should I look for a high k/bb ratio,or a low oav? What hitting stats should I look for to take advantage of them?

I know i should plan to get plenty of IPs, because mypitchers will be facing a lot more batters than most other teams. As far as power is concerned, I also know the park penalizes left hand batters, so I should look for right handed power.

Any general advice about tailoring a team to a ball park is also welcome.
5/3/2013 6:52 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
classic booger advise.

I'll answer his question - draft '08 Addie Joss

5/3/2013 3:48 PM
Thanks boogerls! ( and I refuse to draft joss on principle!)
5/3/2013 9:32 PM
My advise is to try to look for other teams' results, home vs. away, if you have time, before building a team.

I just built a team for the Polo Grounds emphasizing doubles and my dudes are hitting more doubles in other parks than there! I'd like to find the time soon to start a thread on that ballpark, when the season is complete.

(If anyone knows of an informative thread or post on the Polo Grounds, please let me know. I did a search and did not find.)

5/4/2013 5:31 PM
Lots of hits! when playing in Hilltop I want batting average first and foremost. I wouldn't spend much on power, if you have a power team choose another ballpark. High doubles are helpful. high triples to a lesser extent are helpful but don't sacrifice other things for triples they are too rare. Good glove is always useful, and if you anticipate pitcher fatigue problems then good glove is even more helpful. Low OAV pitchers. high K pitching is helpful if you're not paying too much extra for it. Pitchers who can hit are a bonus. more innings than normal, and a little extra stamina for your hitters too.
5/5/2013 1:03 AM
I've had some success with my Hilltop teams... I try to load up on high average hitters with plenty of plate appearences. Guys from the deadball era usually do well... guys with plenty of doubles and triples. The normal high average cookies will also do well... like Dilone. I also grab a high range centerfielder and shortstop... more often than not, they will win the golden glove for you. I usually run with 3 deadball era pitchers that have excess of 350 IP... obviously, low OAV and the best ERC# you can afford. I never run into any problems with fatigue when I book 1350 innings. Good Luck!
5/6/2013 5:17 PM
Great advice, I'll post here when I get some results.
5/7/2013 2:44 PM
Ballpark selection hilltop Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.