Injuries when no one can replace them... Topic

Date User
4/27/2013 6:33 PM Trentonjoe
In the third inning of my pm2 game today, Shawn dunston was injured but remained in the game.
5/3/2013 11:23 AM Customer Support
Chris,

A position player will be replaced following an injury if there's a position player on the bench able to take his place. Since there were 2 injuries in this inning half, that may not have been the case. So the injured player would remain in the game. Since there are no lasting effects of injuries in SLB, this only hurts your team for that particular game.
5/3/2013 12:08 PM
I know a fatigue test league that this info could be useful...that's crazy. So if you have no backups at a certain position (or no one else in the higherarchy) then your player won't come out of the game. Seems to me t his could be abused.
5/3/2013 12:28 PM
This has always been truth.

It's not position heirarchy... It's availability.  They'll put anyone in at SS, but if you run out of position players... Then they'll keep the injured player in the game. 

Before they do that... They'll exhaust all of your position players, including those on rest.

I warned everyone about this in my fatigue league...
"
It's going to be a 16 team $80m league. 
- No WW, live play, AAA, DH or clones
- IP and PA minimums turned off
- Injuries are on (Note:  If all players are injured, forfeits do not occur.  The sim just leaves the last injured player in the game)
- No stadium restrictions
"

5/3/2013 1:02 PM
Injuries when no one can replace them... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.