Houston Rockets Topic

What is your input on the Houston Rockets this year? Do you think they will when the next 2 games and possibly make it to the Finals?

I am a DIE HARD Houston Rockets fan and always have been. Even when the odds aren't in our favor I still ignore it and go with my Houston Rockets. I'm trying to see what other have to say and feel about my team..
5/3/2013 8:59 PM
Nope.
5/7/2013 12:24 PM
Rockets are in good shape. Need to take some of those assets to try and acquire another star. I'd sell high on Chandler Parsons.
5/7/2013 4:57 PM
well I bet the Thunder are regretting they let go of Harden for a crappier older version of him and a prospect SG.
6/5/2013 4:05 PM

let's not simplify

they werent going to give near max contracts to 3 guys
they decided to go with Ibaka as their 3rd pillar (semi-max 12m) - in retrospect this was probably a mistake but it's debatable
they did make Harden an offer (55m over 4 years) but it was not the max he was looking for and he turned them down at the extension deadline - he was going to walk and they could have ended up with much less than what they got

so rather than chancing that he was going to pout up the locker room all season or force a deadline trade and knowing they werent going to get as much in either case they made a move on their terms

and here's what they got: Martin(1 season of scoring off the bench + 12m worth of cap relief this summer) , Lamb (#12 in the previous draft) and (you forgot to mention) 2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder

what did you think their options were?

6/5/2013 5:24 PM (edited)
Posted by stinenavy on 5/7/2013 4:57:00 PM (view original):
Rockets are in good shape. Need to take some of those assets to try and acquire another star. I'd sell high on Chandler Parsons.
If they don't acquire another star, they will be stuck in the "good but not good enough to win a title" category.
6/6/2013 8:28 PM
Looks like Dwight will end up there.  That will be a pretty scary team especially if it isn't a sign and trade and they keep all of their major assets.
6/28/2013 10:51 AM
Eh, I dunno how it looks like Dwight is going anywhere. I don't put much stock into whatever reports are out there, especially when it concerns Dwight Howard who changes his mind constantly.
6/28/2013 11:35 AM
Houston Rockets Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.