Signing multiple ineligibles Topic

Any inherent problem with signing 2 ineligibles during one recruiting season @ div II level?
5/4/2013 7:21 PM
no... nothing inherently wrong with it. Theoretically they will both determine whether or not to go juco independently. I've tried it a couple times, never had both show, but that's most likely a function of small sample size. 

FWIW: 

12/16/2010 4:17 AM dacj501
Hello, 

**Please forward this on to Seble if possible. thank you.**

I have read somewhere that the odds of an ineligible player reporting to campus after recruiting ends increases with the $$ spent to recruit the player. Is this true? If so, is the effect substantial? I tried putting this into effect on a team where I ended up with more than one ineligible recruit signing. I really wanted one particular player, was only so-so on the other. I recruited them both cheaply at first to get them considering as backups. When I lost out on 2 of my primary targets in battles I was forced to go with the back-ups, as I said, both ineligibles. Since I really hoped that player #1 would report, I spent an additional 4 home visits on him (I had him considering from a scholarship offer and a promised start). When recruiting ended, player #2 (the one I didn't really care about) reported to campus, player #1 (who I really wanted) we juco. I just wonder if I shouldn't have been better served spending that money elsewhere??

Thanks,
Darryl 

12/16/2010 3:14 PM Customer Support
Darryl,

Yes, the more money spent the higher the chance that player will report, but there are no guarantees either way.

5/6/2011 4:28 PM dacj501
I realize this is an old ticket, but I wanted to confirm something:

In this original ticket message, I mentioned that I had tried to sign 2 ineligible players in the same season. I am seeing from people on the forum that no more than 1 ineligible player per season will report to campus under any circumstances. Is this true, and if so, couldn't someone have mentioned that in the reply to my original message, since it is likely that is what lead to my desired ineligible not reporting since another player already had? Here I am thinking I just need to spend more, and maybe I do, but the scenario I described couldn't work at all if indeed only 1 ineligible per season is allowed. 

5/6/2011 9:59 PM Customer Support
No, that's not true. Each player makes his decision independently.

5/6/2011 11:44 PM dacj501
so it is possible to have more than one ineligible player report in the same season?

5/7/2011 11:48 AM Customer Support
Yes.

5/7/2011 2:10 PM dacj501
thank you for clearing that up :)
5/6/2013 4:32 AM (edited)
Thanks dacj . . . Really appreciate it.
5/4/2013 10:36 PM
CS has issued that response before and I've noticed Sim teams with two ineligibles in the same class, but I don't think there has been a human coach yet confirm that he has actually HAD two ineligibles show up in the same season.  It's supposed to be possible, but it "appears" to be highly unlikely that it actually happens.

And, of course, if only one of the two show, it will ALWAYS be the one that you wish hadn't!  Murphy's Law for HD of sorts, ha ha.
5/4/2013 10:46 PM
Agree 100% with emy. I've seen a sim team with 2 ineligibles in the same class both show up, but have never heard of a single human coach say they've had it happen.
5/4/2013 11:13 PM
I really don't know that its tried very often, and I'd guess that a lot of coaches don't look at the forums, further reducing the possible pool of successful stories...I believe its probably possible though. If those are your best recruiting options, I don't see why not to try it...
5/5/2013 3:25 AM
Dacj, I would also take into consideration that on your follow up, you probably got a first level CS rep and we all know how unreliable their answers can be.

I've got one season left to burn on another ID, I think I'll give it a shot and see what happens.  I'll use the start, 30 mins, and spend every dollar on trying to recruit them, split evenly between the two.  No need to waste money on FSS, I'm just burning up that last season and then closing down that ID, so I should be able to put a pretty decent amount towards each player.  Maybe I'll be the first human coach to confirm that it can happen.......but I bet I'll end up with a walk-on in one of their spots.  We'll see.  Won't start recruiting for a couple of weeks, so it'll be a little while before I get an answer.
5/5/2013 10:51 PM
Ive always *thought* you couldnt get more than one to show up. I imagine that is a common theme. I have even seen people post with 100% certainty that it is in fact not possible. Which probably is a factor why you see it happen even less because people think that its not possible so they do not attempt it.
5/5/2013 11:28 PM
at least a dozen coaches have tried and failed, that ive read first hand. ive tried once myself and only had 1 show up. it may be possible but i dont think its that small of a sample size, where we've never seen it happen. ineligibles usually show up, it should theoretically be pretty easy to get an example of this happening, if its possible, which makes me think its not. but i really dont know, maybe it is possible?

emy (or anyone else trying) - i would consider signing like, 10 ineligibles, if you've got the scholarships :) seems like that would make it really likely 2 would show. i feel like a couple guys have tried to sign 3 and only gotten 1, but i havent a damn clue who it might have been
5/6/2013 12:04 AM
hey, i think i have a use for a FREEHD team :)

5/6/2013 12:07 AM
Posted by gillispie1 on 5/6/2013 12:07:00 AM (view original):

Nice, I'll be on the lookout for the username of whinenavy....
5/6/2013 12:13 AM
Posted by colonels19 on 5/6/2013 12:13:00 AM (view original):

way to not add to the joke at all
5/6/2013 9:18 AM
Tried it once that I recall and only one showed. Didn't put a ton of money into either.
5/6/2013 9:57 AM
Posted by jetwildcat on 5/6/2013 9:18:00 AM (view original):

like Tebow in a Jet wildcat....
5/7/2013 6:09 PM
Posted by colonels19 on 5/7/2013 6:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by jetwildcat on 5/6/2013 9:18:00 AM (view original):

like Tebow in a Jet wildcat....
Touche
5/7/2013 8:35 PM
12 Next ▸
Signing multiple ineligibles Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.