5/5/2013 1:34 PM
How is it that i have my whole class green except 2, then all of a sudden today half the class is yellow with other human coaches on the recruit's considering list. WHY do coaches INSIST on going after players that another coach fought hard to knock the SIMS off? So i take it ALL the budget i spent to land the recruit is all for not and now its like starting from day one? ANOTHER flaw in 3.0! I'm not gonna name names, but i will say this.... 2 CAN PLAY THAT GAME!
5/5/2013 3:56 PM
Well, it's not like they haven't put money into him too... If you've knocked off 3 sims with 3 or 4 CVs (D-III), then they've obviously put in just as much money to turn him yellow.  It's not like they sent one AC scout and suddenly turned him Yellow if you had a ton invested.  Plus, maybe they've been slowly chipping away at him after the scouting reports came in...  this way, they're not overspending to turn him yellow (no sense in sending out 4 CV's if one will do the trick... chip away until he's yellow and you know where you stand)...  You're not likely to continure spending money unnecessarily once the recruit is green, so chipping away is very effective.  So, all in all, you're probably both equally invested in the recruit at this point.  Probably not going to take a lot to turn him Green again.  Count how many schollies they have.  If you have more, plus playoff money, you'll probably get everyone back to Green without too much spent.  Only becomes a big problem if you overspent to get him green in the first place.

And this is not a flaw in 3.0...  If this hasn't happened to you in 2.0, consider yourself in the extreme vast minority.
5/5/2013 5:10 PM (edited)
Posted by mannowar on 5/5/2013 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Well, it's not like they haven't put money into him too... If you've knocked off 3 sims with 3 or 4 CVs (D-III), then they've obviously put in just as much money to turn him yellow.  It's not like they sent one AC scout and suddenly turned him Yellow if you had a ton invested.  Plus, maybe they've been slowly chipping away at him after the scouting reports came in...  this way, they're not overspending to turn him yellow (no sense in sending out 4 CV's if one will do the trick... chip away until he's yellow and you know where you stand)...  You're not likely to continure spending money unnecessarily once the recruit is green, so chipping away is very effective.  So, all in all, you're probably both equally invested in the recruit at this point.  Probably not going to take a lot to turn him Green again.  Count how many schollies they have.  If you have more, plus playoff money, you'll probably get everyone back to Green without too much spent.  Only becomes a big problem if you overspent to get him green in the first place.

And this is not a flaw in 3.0...  If this hasn't happened to you in 2.0, consider yourself in the extreme vast minority.
+1

tarrin, did you take over someone elses account? I don't understand how you can have 50 seasons, including multiple CCs and a NC, and haven't seen this before.
5/5/2013 11:13 PM
I don't know how you would have survived in the days with 75% human players. Where you had to battle for players.

To quote Frederick The Great (II) "In trying to defend everything he defended nothing." 
5/6/2013 12:16 PM (edited)
No i haven't seen this before, ever. I play in the Hayes World. And sorry hazing, i don't live in the PAST, it's irrelevant at this point. NONE of the worlds will be 75% human coaches like it was in the past. The way i recruited hasn't changed in my 50 seasons, and as you can see, it's been successful needless to say.

5/6/2013 12:24 PM
Stranger things have happened, I guess, but manowar is right. If you put the effort into knocking off the SIMs, another coach who comes in late will have to match that amount of recruiting effort. It actually cuts both ways. If you commit early, you can frame out your class more easily before other coaches get involved, but have to worry about other coaches jumping your greens. If you wait, you can flip some guys late, but you have to put your cash down in large amounts, when you have no way to know how much the other coach has into a guy. You might end up dropping $4-5k and not even turning him yellow. Also, it's not always a matter of recruiting philosophy. Sometimes, coaches just have RL schedules that don't match up well with the 3 hour recruiting cycles.
6/5/2013 4:57 AM
well, they could easily write a sim for the recruiting half of the year

if i could just gameplan my recruiting i wouldn't have to miss recruiting cycles due to real life waddayacallit, work

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.