What type of potential is needed to create 200+ point growth. That is how much my player, Chris Garland, has grown but because I used the 4.95 discount my first season so I couldn't fss. Also because I seem to have recruited a lot better my first season without fss than I have the next two.
5/5/2013 2:18 PM
Blue Potential for an attribute means high potential.  That means the attribute can gain at least 20 points, but it can be much higher.

There are 2 HIGH potential categories ... High-High and High-Low ... and here are the Scouting messages for each:

High Potential Messages

Search the forums for high-high to see more info
5/5/2013 2:32 PM
Every now and again, when I have only one or two open schollies, I'll skip FSS.  It is a big help, but it is easy to spend too much on FSS, then get into a battle for the recruit with the high potentials and end up with a worse recruiting class than if you went without and looked only locally and managed your budget better.

Here's the thing: If you get a scouting report or two on a player that either drops down or started at your level, then you have between 4 - 8 different categories of information about him.  If you see enough that you like in the original ratings, then it can be worth the risk to avoid spending the additional sums on FSS.  Partial information, as long as it's accurate, can give you enough to make good decisions.  

That said, as long as you manage your FSS budget to match the amount of openings that you have, it is indispensable.  For instance, your team is in D.C.  I have a team in D.C.  My experience is that it is usually a mistake to FSS Pennsylvania, because it is too expensive.  You can do a bunch of smaller states that still give you recruits within 200 miles and save a bundle.   Of course, going without FSS or scouting is a good way to end up with a crap class.
5/5/2013 10:05 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.