Question on cheap recruiting Topic

Has anyone ever seen the $110 recruiting move (offer a starting spot and a scholarship) work for a player in the next division up?

For example, if a player is listed as being at D2 and you are at D3 and signings are happening already and the player has no one considering him, assuming he isn't rated too highly, is there a chance he'll sign with you?

I'm curious if offering a start helps to pull a player down if no one else is giving him any attention.
5/6/2013 1:53 PM
Nope (or at least it hasn't worked for me), you need to wait until he drops to you.
5/6/2013 2:37 PM
the player will reject the promised start until he is somewhat interested in you. (I believe they have to be considering you from my own experience, but I could be wrong on that.)
5/6/2013 2:47 PM
You have to send it with the scholarship, you can't do it by itself.
5/6/2013 2:53 PM
I'm aware you have to send the scholarship and the start together.

I've so far never had a player reject an offer to start, even if they weren't considering me, as long as I send the scholarship offer with it.

5/6/2013 3:01 PM
Posted by bistiza on 5/6/2013 3:01:00 PM (view original):
I'm aware you have to send the scholarship and the start together.

I've so far never had a player reject an offer to start, even if they weren't considering me, as long as I send the scholarship offer with it.

fwiw I have had that 2nd part happen, but very very rarely.  Every time it's happened to me, I've just offered the start a 2nd time and they accepted it. 

I'm pretty sure that promises have no impact on players that are still above your level and not open to being recruited.
5/6/2013 3:33 PM
It happens to me a lot that if I offer minutes or a start to a player that is not considering me, he usually rejects it saying that he doesn't know enough about me to take it seriously or something close to that.
5/6/2013 11:32 PM
Question on cheap recruiting Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.