User Interviews Topic

I really hope they don't interview colonels - from what I've seen, the guy is an unbearable troll, and I actually enjoy reading the interviews that offer constructive strategies that pertain to the games. I learned a lot about HBD from a few of the interviews, and I doubt I would've ever won a WS without them.
5/9/2013 10:10 AM
From a pure entertainment perspective I vote for deery6
5/9/2013 3:25 PM
Posted by mbriese on 5/9/2013 10:10:00 AM (view original):
I really hope they don't interview colonels - from what I've seen, the guy is an unbearable troll, and I actually enjoy reading the interviews that offer constructive strategies that pertain to the games. I learned a lot about HBD from a few of the interviews, and I doubt I would've ever won a WS without them.
I wouldn't sweat it
5/9/2013 4:04 PM
Posted by jetwildcat on 5/9/2013 4:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by mbriese on 5/9/2013 10:10:00 AM (view original):
I wouldn't sweat it
lol
5/9/2013 5:18 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but it would be a little humorous to see a Colonels interview. I think these interviews seem to be serious, which is completely understandable, but once in awhile, throwing a more light hearted interview wouldn't be the end of the world. Aejones and emy are fine choices, but Aejones wrote an awesome article, and emy shares his wisdom with the masses on the daily basis. Just not sure what more we could learn that either are not already doling out anyway. I know, not a popular opinion, but just mine from the sidelines...
5/9/2013 6:50 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 5/8/2013 10:40:00 PM (view original):
Thanks guys.  I've started with the questions and have gotten about halfway through them so far (that damn thing called "real life" keeps getting in the way).  I turned them down once before (a couple of years ago), so I know that this will be the last chance I ever get if I do decide to do the interview.  Just really not that important to me, but my son and both my parents seem pretty excited about it, so I'll probably end up doing it just for them.  Still not 100% sure either way though.......
I'm on board for you finishing this man, this is one of the few I would read.
5/9/2013 8:13 PM
Posted by supersloth33 on 5/9/2013 6:50:00 PM (view original):
I know I'm in the minority, but it would be a little humorous to see a Colonels interview. I think these interviews seem to be serious, which is completely understandable, but once in awhile, throwing a more light hearted interview wouldn't be the end of the world. Aejones and emy are fine choices, but Aejones wrote an awesome article, and emy shares his wisdom with the masses on the daily basis. Just not sure what more we could learn that either are not already doling out anyway. I know, not a popular opinion, but just mine from the sidelines...
Funny, you hit on one of the key reasons that I might not do mine.  The list of questions you get really lends itself to a serious-type tone, not much leeway really as far as humor goes.  A couple questions are, I guess, but for the most part it's pretty straightforward.
5/10/2013 1:24 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 5/10/2013 1:24:00 AM (view original):
Posted by supersloth33 on 5/9/2013 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Funny, you hit on one of the key reasons that I might not do mine.  The list of questions you get really lends itself to a serious-type tone, not much leeway really as far as humor goes.  A couple questions are, I guess, but for the most part it's pretty straightforward.
emy1013, you can add questions to make it more interesting.  For my interview, I added, "What would coaches be surprised to learn about you?"   It was my favorite question to answer
5/10/2013 3:26 AM
I must have missed that part in the e-mail's intro Al.  Thanks, that makes a big difference I think.
5/10/2013 10:03 AM
So emy, if we collude to do this "interview", would we get banned from HD?
5/10/2013 9:35 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 5/8/2013 10:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by coach_billyg on 5/8/2013 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by emy1013 on 5/8/2013 9:50:00 PM (view original):
For what it's worth, WIS sent me the list of interview questions about a week ago.  Still haven't decided whether I'm going to do it or not though.  Thanks to Alblack for the nomination, very much appreciated. 
emy, you should totally do it. i was hoping the next time around, they'd ask you to do it once more, because i never know when you'll finally get ****** off enough to leave. want to see the interview from you while there is still a chance!

i think aejones would be a good candidate too, but hopefully he will be around for a while, and at least, for the one after.
By the way, CBG, that day draws ever closer......
Definitely would be an interview I would very much interested in reading. And losing you emy would be a major bummer around here. hope you get some time to finish it! 
5/10/2013 10:44 PM
has acn ever been interviewed? hes not terribly active on the forums, which could make for a good candidate, from the perspective of whomever said they'd sort of rather hear from someone other than the handful of vets who post their opinions on every subject on the forums, already. if hes not been interviewed (and i dont think he has), im sure there is a lot he could share, hes probably the best choice if you were going to try to simply pick the best active coach never interviewed. i thought it was an interesting comment, the one about wanting to hear from someone new, and with the last few being generally the most active long time coaches on the forums, of that top tier of coaches, i think it would be a good fit.
5/11/2013 9:49 PM
Llamanunts.
5/11/2013 10:19 PM
LM2 needs to come out of retirement for an interview!
5/12/2013 10:49 AM
Posted by therewas47 on 5/9/2013 3:25:00 PM (view original):
From a pure entertainment perspective I vote for deery6
+1
5/12/2013 10:07 PM
◂ Prev 123
User Interviews Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.