What was the greatest NBA dynasty of all time? The 80's Showtime Lakers? The 90's Jordan Bulls? Here's the league that will answer that question once and for all! Rules are simple:
1. Pick a franchise
2. Pick a decade - 1951/52-1969/70 (50's and 60's are combined as a single decade); 1970/71-1979/80; 1980/81-1989/90; 1990/91-1999/00; 2000/01-2012/13 (yes you get 3 extra years for new millenium teams). Note - years will be strictly enforced, e.g. you can't use the 79-80 or 90-91 season for a 1980-1990 team.
3. All your players must come from your franchise and decade
4. Salary cap is $47,000; no rookies, waiver wire or clones
5. Teams must be named as follows: 1960-70 New York Knicks, 2000-13 San Antonio Spurs etc.
6. You can use franchises that changed names during a particular decade, i.e. Sonics/Thunder
7. Franchise/Decade combos are exclusive. So you can have multiple Celtics teams, but only one 1980-1990 Celtics team.
League number will be posted when we have 15 owners.