All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Games like this make me wonder.
5/6/2013 10:45 PM (edited)
I should have gotten beaten like an unwanted, red headed, step child.  I only have 2 DBs.  In my Nickel I am playing 3 LBs.   www.whatifsports/gdbeta/GameResults/PlayByPlay.aspx?gid76108&quarter=1.  Katzs team is a lot better than mine.  Sorry for some reason I can't copy and paste to here so I typed it.

5/6/2013 10:49 PM
This one takes you to box score.  www.whatifsports.com/gdbeta/GameResults/BoxScore.aspx?gid=76108

5/7/2013 1:56 AM
I'm not surprised.  For one thing, out of position penalties are not turned on as far as I know.  Speed is also not a determining factor for coverage, especially short and very short.

After doing some testing with the new update, I think the best way to cover pass is with a 4-3.  It seems the CBs get averaged and then they influence the whole field from sideline to sideline and from short to deep.  If you play more lower rated CBs, I would bet that your coverage would suffer because of the lower coverage rating..  You can even run a 4-3 agains the shotgun successfully and since one CB will effectively cover two WRs for you.  
5/7/2013 8:01 AM
That may be and makes sense but I l also would have  thought fatigue would bite me.  I had no depth at LB or DB.  Another factor that seems to be prevalent is position weighting.  It seems that if your QB is better than your opponents you come out victorious even if the rest of your team is slightly worse than your opponent.  It is almost like you have Peyton Manning.  Not all QBs can be superstars.  I know that isn't translating well but I can't quite find words to say what I am getting at.  An average QB against a slightly worse QB shouldn't be lifting a team to blow out proportions.

5/7/2013 8:10 AM
Just throwing this out there but...If we are Beta testing, shouldn't everything in the game be turned on?  How else are we going to be able to judge what is really going on?
5/7/2013 10:13 AM
Posted by grindi on 5/7/2013 8:10:00 AM (view original):
Just throwing this out there but...If we are Beta testing, shouldn't everything in the game be turned on?  How else are we going to be able to judge what is really going on?
If you read the Expectations thread that should answer this question.

I wanted to get baseline tests in there for the different plays before adding more variables in as it's much harder to dissect where the problem lies.  Theoretically, we really shouldn't have to hit anyone's ratings for playing out of position in something like LB to DB; the ratings should be to the extent that a LB couldn't handle the DB assignment for the same reason they couldn't in real life - they aren't fast enough.  Speed does factor in on short passes but not nearly to the extent of longer passes, so theoretically an LB could cover a WR if he is just running short routes.  However, for game purposes, we will hit players for playing out of position.  I'd like it to be the same hits we get from switching positions but that will take some time to translate and I'd like to get passing in normal situations (non-out of position players) balanced before introducing the penalties.

5/7/2013 3:46 PM
If you hit like switching positions then you should probably use the hit like a Sr would get but instead of putting a Hit on their WE they should get a bonus that game for being a team player.  Just a thought.
All Forums > Gridiron Dynasty Football > Gridiron Dynasty Beta > Games like this make me wonder.

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

Popular on WhatIfSports site: Baseball Simulation | College Basketball Game | College Football Game | Online Baseball Game | Hockey Simulation | NFL Picks | College Football Picks | Sports Games

© 1999-2014 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.